Scion IQ Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having driven several awd cars in the winter time. i'm really curious how good the 2011 iQ will handle in the snow. not everyone can afford to get a 2nd car just for the winter time. i've seen some awd car get stuck in the winter time. however all i've ever needed is a good set of winter tires plus some extra weight in the trunk for extra traction.

·
Registered
20 Posts
its just a matter of how you drive and weather you have winter tires or not. as long you drive carefully and accelerate and decelerate slowly you'll be fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's a pretty small car so you have no problem of getting stuck. The narrower the tires the easier for tires to get grip in the snow. Thats why you see a lot of cars with wide tires loose traction and get in the snow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you get stuck you would only need one person to push you out it is so light!!! :D

If you get out of the car you'd probably just need the wind to push this car loose. hahaha. Either way its a good option for city driving in the winter time. Only thing you need to worry about is other people hitting you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts