Scion IQ Forums banner

Scion iQ Set to Hit Dealers in March

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  hodad66 
#1 ·

At the recent launch of the second-generation 2011 tC, Scion reps let slip that the youth-brand's next model, the iQ, will hit dealerships in March.

Touted as the smallest four-seater in the world. At just 120-inches long it is roughly one-foot longer than the Smart fortwo. Saying it's a 4-seater is a bit of a stretch, however, and Scion does qualify that it's more of a 3+1, with the "1" being a child.

Referred to by Scion as a "premium micro sub compact" the iQ is powered by a 1.3-liter 4-cylinder and gets a CVT transmission. No performance or fuel economy numbers are available, but Scion says to expect fuel economy in the high-30 mpg range.

Safety features will also be big on this small car with standard abs, vehicle stability control traction control and 10 airbags – including a world's first rear window curtain airbag.

Qnd keeping with Scion's youth-oriented approach with a six-speaker audio system, USB and auxiliary ports, as well as steering wheel mounted controls.

More: Scion iQ Set to Hit Dealers in March on AutoGuide.com

See less See more
#4 ·
March is not that far away. I am still saving to see how much I can put down on this thing to lower my payments. I wonder what kind of financing the dealers are going to offer.
Considering the fact that it will be a brand new car sold as a Scion, it'll probably just get the standard Scion finance rates. Usually the specials only apply to Toyota models that aren't selling as well as expected. I used to work at a Toyota dealership in late 2006/early 2007, and I don't recall there being any specials for the Scion lineup... though of course, depending on how crappy the economy gets, you may see something later on.

But if Toyota doesn't offer anything, a lot of credit unions are offering pretty awesome auto loan rates in this day and age if you have the credit history to back it up. A cousin of mine who bought a Camry SE back in 2007 refinanced hers through some credit union at 0.9% APR.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.