Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
October 2011 was the IQ official US release month. Any scoops what to expect? I read an earlier post to expect a red finish. Ugh hope not, its okay for women's car color choice, or a guy in his mid-life crisis color choice lol. I'm jk, but it will have to be color not available in its lineup. On other car makers I've notice lime green oh Gawd I hope not that either. I'm being bored today thinking about it. Definitely hope the honey comb grill on the recent scion release, 18 in rims, the body kit 5AD on the first concept (lil grey on top bar pic) the kit sold looks like a chopped up lower half version it. Oh well under 2 months to wait and see.

·
Registered
117 Posts
For some reason, Scion has not even spoken of a Release Series for the IQ. I predicted red because it is already one of the colors that the car is sold in outside the US.

The new Release Series on the tC is red again. The very first was red and now RS #9 is red.

I have been reading quite a bit about how Scion is now changing how they market their cars. From the start, it was all geared toward the very young, first time buyer. They found out after a couple years that the majority of their demographic was in their early 40's but they never changed their marketing. Sales started to drop drastically. Now they are going to target the people who have been buying the cars all along. No more acid-trip, techno music commercials all shown on MTV trying to attract the acne crowd.

I like the iQ commercials as well as the spots for the new FRS.

Since the 2013 models are right around the corner, their is not much hope for a release series this year on the iQ. We'll see what the '13 model brings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts