Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Today I received the TRD rear sway bar for my IQ from the scionpartspeople...

I wiil be putting the sway bar on soon and when I do I will post some pics or video.

Keep the faith!

-Kooler

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

I will piece meal a video together possibly tomorrow.

If I can not do it myself I will have Heater the owner of the X01 2012 VW Beetle
do it for me, he's smarter than I'm. LoL!

Seriously, I will try to video tape or take pictures installing the sway bar and post back here.

Edit: LoL!

-Kooler

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Thanks for posting the video. I'm looking forward to the install video.

I usually give Brownie Points for posting pics but this deserves......CAKE POINTS!!!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi,

I will piece meal a video together possibly tomorrow.

If I can not do it myself I will have Heater the owner of the X01 2012 VW Beetle
do it for me, he's smarter than I'm. LoL!

Seriously, I will try to video tape or take pictures installing the sway bar and post back here.

Edit: LoL!

-Kooler
thank you Kooler! love reading DIY posts :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,

Surfcitylocal- Yum. OK.

Master Yoda, now watch.

johnstevens: Yes

iqforyou: You are an inspiration. :)

yunkikan: There is a God. Yes!

All is located @ Kooler's Youtube Home

It has 9 parts...

-Kooler

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Hi,

Surfcitylocal- Yum. OK.

Master Yoda, now watch.

johnstevens: Yes

iqforyou: You are an inspiration. :)

yunkikan: There is a God. Yes!

All is located @ Kooler's Youtube Home

It has 9 parts...

-Kooler
SUPERFANTASTIK,GREAT SERIES,sounds like your from the deep south Kooler?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i dont inspire,what the heck did i do,but thanks.

LoL! you forgot already...

Installed

Secondly, I hope that is a good thing sounding like I'm from the deep south. I'm originally from the state of Maine.
This is what happens when you have lived here for 33 years had a family and to much sun.

Take care IQforYou

-Roger

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
LoL! you forgot already...

Installed

Secondly, I hope that is a good thing sounding like I'm from the deep south. I'm originally from the state of Maine.
This is what happens when you have lived here for 33 years had a family and to much sun.

Take care IQforYou

-Roger
anywhere your from is fine with me,I LOVE HUMAN BEINGS.and i guess i forgot yes,i had NO friends before this forum,and now i have lots,HA HA.so i do allot of chatin on here.

take care roger,enjoy your iq,SOME CALL ME BRENT,and the rest call me,,,,well maybe i wont go there i want to keep my position in this wonderfull thing we got going here.peace.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I installed my TRD Sway Bar this morning. It was pretty simple. I took it for a little test drive and there is a better feel when cornering. I swore I was not going to lower the car but now I think it really needs it. I think I will stick with the TRD Springs. I don't want to bring it down too much.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I installed my TRD Sway Bar this morning. It was pretty simple. I took it for a little test drive and there is a better feel when cornering. I swore I was not going to lower the car but now I think it really needs it. I think I will stick with the TRD Springs. I don't want to bring it down too much.
How long did it take from the time you ordered the sway to the time you received it? I ordered mine like two weeks ago and still nothing. Maybe it's because I ordered it from new York. If you're going to install the trd springs, be prepared to ride like a go kart. I installed the trd's also. The drop height and look is great though.

·
Registered
117 Posts
How long did it take from the time you ordered the sway to the time you received it? I ordered mine like two weeks ago and still nothing. Maybe it's because I ordered it from new York. If you're going to install the trd springs, be prepared to ride like a go kart. I installed the trd's also. The drop height and look is great though.
It took about two weeks. I am finding that the parts availability of the iQ is pretty dismal. It took me forever to find the factory alloys.

I did read the comments about the loss of ride quality with the TRD Springs. That is not good. This is my daily driver and I don't want a really stiff ride.

The TRD Springs I installed on my tC gave me the ride height I wanted with no penalty in ride quality.

I may wait a bit on the springs and see if Toyota makes any changes.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It took about two weeks. I am finding that the parts availability of the iQ is pretty dismal. It took me forever to find the factory alloys.

I did read the comments about the loss of ride quality with the TRD Springs. That is not good. This is my daily driver and I don't want a really stiff ride.

The TRD Springs I installed on my tC gave me the ride height I wanted with no penalty in ride quality.

I may wait a bit on the springs and see if Toyota makes any changes.
Didnt mean to scare you off the TRD springs. Just want you to be informed before you purchase. I also knew about the ride quality difference before i purchased but i wanted to see for myself. Knowing what I know now would I still use the TRD springs? Yes...because I always have the option of putting the stock springs back on since I did the install myself. The only cost aside from the springs was the alignment. The ride quality difference is most noticeable on uneven roads, of cours, and since this car was purchased for mainly local city commuting for work (I'm a field auditor) the diff in ride quality is not that big of an issue. Although, I do have to drive from L.A. To Bakersfield tomorrow...yikes. The IQ already had a stiff ride at stock suspension anyway.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Didnt mean to scare you off the TRD springs. Just want you to be informed before you purchase. I also knew about the ride quality difference before i purchased but i wanted to see for myself. Knowing what I know now would I still use the TRD springs? Yes...because I always have the option of putting the stock springs back on since I did the install myself. The only cost aside from the springs was the alignment. The ride quality difference is most noticeable on uneven roads, of cours, and since this car was purchased for mainly local city commuting for work (I'm a field auditor) the diff in ride quality is not that big of an issue. Although, I do have to drive from L.A. To Bakersfield tomorrow...yikes. The IQ already had a stiff ride at stock suspension anyway.
The rear springs look like they might take all of ten minutes. Any issues with the front? When you had the alignment done, was the camber still dead on spec or just barely within the factory limits?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts