Scion IQ Forums banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
905 Posts
Good news for those who want this. Strangely I got a refund for 6 of the 7 I ordered along with proportionally fair amount of shipping, so they are shipping me 1 for my 2nd order. Now there are "2d" left on the 6 and the vendor/warehouse is now "FP-TUAS" which is a FitInPart warehouse. Should be good service for those. It's like Amazon I guess with sellers coming to sell on the platform as well as Amazon itself...

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
905 Posts
So it's been close to 3 weeks. Not good. They refunded me the 6 and left my orders open. Wow. Bummer as my 1st order with them a few years ago went great. I can no longer recommend them proudly, sadly....

EDIT- Logged into my FitInPart account and it says they received the 9 pieces I have on order on 6/8/22. I hope they ship them soon....

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
905 Posts
Funny I thought they'd arrive today. Surprise the FedEx guy dropped them off today. Haven't gotten a chance to open and inspect them yet...

Sent from my REVVL V+ 5G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 Scion IQ, white, flood salvage car, running now, but transmission issues.
18 Posts
Opened the box. Well packaged. At least we have them now if people want/need them.

View attachment 17382
Hi,
Any left for me? :) My pan and filter are off and I left it dripping until I can get a new filter. Mine looks clogged is bad enough not to put on again. Yes, I'm very new here, in fact I just joined.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
905 Posts
Hi,
Any left for me? :) My pan and filter are off and I left it dripping until I can get a new filter. Mine looks clogged is bad enough not to put on again. Yes, I'm very new here, in fact I just joined.
Thanks
Welcome.

I have every single one still in stock! I'm perfectly fine letting one go at my cost plus shipping.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The ones you sent me work! Thanks jzchen. The car whined and couldn't make it out of the driveway the first time. I pulled back up to the driveway and it seemed better, so I went right back out onto the street. It goes just fine now and the whine is practically gone. I went through a couple or park/restart cycles and it just gets better. I only made it to 30 mph because I don't have plates on it yet. I will flush it one more time after I get some miles on it. My fill plug says TC, it's a 2012. Some 2013 and later have FE on the fill plug.
Watch Gas Font Telephony Electronic device

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
905 Posts
Great news! Thanks for updating us. I was a little worried when you said "old and new" in your email. If I had to take a guess the TC is a more viscous formula and FE was developed for "Fuel Efficiency".

I think your research is spot on, per 2012 owner's manual available here:

it's TC.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Just curious about condition of the old filter, is it clogged in anyway? What is the mileage on your car?

Would you please post a close-up picture of the old filter? Just wanna see how dirty it was. Thanks...

The ones you sent me work! Thanks jzchen. The car whined and couldn't make it out of the driveway the first time. I pulled back up to the driveway and it seemed better, so I went right back out onto the street. It goes just fine now and the whine is practically gone. I went through a couple or park/restart cycles and it just gets better. I only made it to 30 mph because I don't have plates on it yet. I will flush it one more time after I get some miles on it. My fill plug says TC, it's a 2012. Some 2013 and later have FE on the fill plug.
View attachment 17413

·
Registered
18 Posts
The clogging material is hard to describe. Kind of a gel and bits of rust. Also, the liquid in the transmission was more of a cream. This is a flood salvage car with 1730 miles on it. Do you see that pink thing between the filters? That is what came out. It may be 5 quarts. If I get to opening up the old filter, I should take a picture. Toyota parts will tell you that it is a screen, not a filter, but it is a filter. I don't think ours came with a filter behind the oil cooler/heater.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks... I was curious about the condition of the filter under normal usage. I suppose the water/contaminant got into the transmission from the flood in your case.

Is the filter made out of some sort of metal mesh?

The clogging material is hard to describe. Kind of a gel and bits of rust. Also, the liquid in the transmission was more of a cream. This is a flood salvage car with 1730 miles on it. Do you see that pink thing between the filters? That is what came out. It may be 5 quarts. If I get to opening up the old filter, I should take a picture. Toyota parts will tell you that it is a screen, not a filter, but it is a filter. I don't think ours came with a filter behind the oil cooler/heater.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts