Scion IQ Forums banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks, jzchen, for the advice. I bought 6 quarts of the Valvoline CVT fluid at my local Walmart. The Toyota dealer's receipt said they would deduct 20% from my refund for a restocking charge but they ended up not charging me. Since they treated me fairly I ordered a replacement passenger side mirror light that was broken. It arrived a couple days ago so I'll be fixing it later. Now I'm shopping for a reasonably priced transmission filter. The cheapest I could find on eBay is $60! Most transmission filters for other cars are priced from $20 to $30. I'll get a price from the Toyota dealer shortly.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
905 Posts
I have been looking on Toyota Parts and Accessories - Official Online Store and see nothing about a filter. It is a site that is not as complete as the parts counter at the dealership. Since I couldn't, I went to eBay and see what you note. AutoZone shows what seem to be universal kits, O'Reilly's nothing, Amazon nothing. Those may be for a manual transmission?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've seen some for sale for around $60 on eBay that are supposed to fit an IQ but they don't show any photos of the filter or gasket. I messaged this seller and he couldn't send me any photos so I'm not going to buy it. Transmission Filter Kit-Auto Trans Filter Kit ATP fits 12-15 Scion iQ 1.3L-L4 | eBay I spoke to the parts department at my local Toyota dealer and they said it is a screen not a filter. I washed it out with solvent and blew out the solvent with compressed air. It looks like the filter is made of some type of fibrous material, it's not a screen. I didn't ask the parts department what the part number was or the price so I'll call them again tomorrow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Aisin CVT fluid...
Thanks for the link BamZipPow. I think I read somewhere that Aisin is the OEM fluid that Toyota uses for the initial fills at the factories. I ended up using Valvoline CVT fluid that I purchased at Walmart. It says that it meets Toyota CVT specs on the bottle and seems to be working well with no issues so far.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks for the link BamZipPow. I think I read somewhere that Aisin is the OEM fluid that Toyota uses for the initial fills at the factories. I ended up using Valvoline CVT fluid that I purchased at Walmart. It says that it meets Toyota CVT specs on the bottle and seems to be working well with no issues so far.
Don't believe everything you see/read on the aftermarket packaging. Give this a view. ;)

Scion iQ mention... ;)

Toyota CVT TC fluid part number is 0888602105 (2012 and 2013 iQ).
Font Rectangle Gas Fluid Tin

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
905 Posts
Anyone who needs a filter I just received an email from FitInPart.sg that they are in stock! (And what a reasonable price)!

This is a legitimate company I have ordered carbon cabin filters for the iQ from in the past. Seems like there's some sort of 23 day thing I didn't have to deal with last time...

Sent from my REVVL V+ 5G using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
905 Posts
I ordered some... Seems like others have as well as the first vendor started at 40 pieces. (It may be the same vendor in disguise)?....

I'm observing the 18 days I hope it changes soon...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Anyone who needs a filter I just received an email from FitInPart.sg that they are in stock! (And what a reasonable price)!

This is a legitimate company I have ordered carbon cabin filters for the iQ from in the past. Seems like there's some sort of 23 day thing I didn't have to deal with last time...

Link not working for me…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
I borrowed my mother's iPhone X with 15.4.1 (didn't log into the forum) and on Safari I was able to click the link and it brought me to the page. JS (Asakashi) JT605K is the item. Hmmm...
Have you ordered yours already? I’m getting $30 shipping- maybe we should cooperate on ordering a bunch to split the shipping? The checkout kinda stinks as well :)

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
905 Posts
Have you ordered yours already? I’m getting $30 shipping- maybe we should cooperate on ordering a bunch to split the shipping? The checkout kinda stinks as well :)

I ordered 8 as minimum shipping cost was at that amount. I don't need 8 happy to sell at my cost. (The price per piece went down from $6.xx when I ordered to $5.xx though).

Still not sure what is going on about who the vendor is. It was free shipping when I ordered 7 cabin filters but the vendor then seemed FitinPart themselves...

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
905 Posts
I just ran a test cart if I bought 6 from the second warehouse (works kind of like Rock Auto)

$44.22 FedEx International Priority + $32.04 for 6 pieces total $76.26 for 6.

The price for shipping that I posted is x the amount purchased my total was a little over $100 for 8. Checked my PayPal $100.48 for 8.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
905 Posts
Looks like my order, and whoever else ordered some, is in limbo. Seems like they need to sell all 40 (the initial quantity listed as available) for the batch to be produced and finally shipped. The 7 left would cost me $86.59. I ran the math and $12.57 each. I already have 8 on order at $12.56 each, of which one member expressed interest in buying 3 or 4. Sigh. What to do? I guess having 11 on hand vs my initial 8 isn't too bad, or is that 11 vs 4? (Can you tell this type of math wasn't my forte)? Hmmm....

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
905 Posts
Well, it seemed stuck in que so I checked again tonight, overall price per unit went down to 11.xx/unit so I ordered the 7 left. Let's cross our fingers they go into production at 40 units...

41 - 60 of 79 Posts