Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a Scion IQ 2013 that the steering wheel feels stiff when driving the car. I also had issues with it randomly not wanting to go forward after a stop. I got a replacement battery which seemed to fix the randomly not wanting to go forward after a stop. But the steering wheel feels stiff still. What could be the problem? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
771 Posts
I just verified by searching "2013 scion iq power steering rack" and it is an electric power steering version. I would try to look carefully and verify the wiring is intact, the harness connections are fully seated. If you find that everything looks okay, it may be a failure of some sort. I did find this one from a reputable recycler LKQ:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :)

Unless you know that the steering rack is the issue, I would hold off on throwing parts at it. ;)

Is the check engine light on? Is the EPS (electronic power steering) indicator lit on the dash with the engine running? It looks like a steering wheel with a "!" beside it. Have you checked all the fuses fer any blown fuses? Has this vehicle been in an accident before? Any maintenance performed prior to this issue? ;)

Have you scanned the various modules fer any codes using an OBDII scanner? There could be some issues with the EPS sensors or with the module(s). ;)

Reactions: jzchen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems to have gone back to normal after driving the Scion IQ with the new battery for a while and haven't had a issue since. No lights are on after starting it up. All looks good. Thank you both for the answers. If it acts up again I know where to go. Tha KS again. I love this little car is amazing :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts