Scion IQ Forums banner

RUMBLE IN THE PAINTBOOTH - AGAIN:):)

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jzchen 
#1 ·
LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE AGAIN - IN THE PAINTBOOTH::))

STEP ONE DONE:)..NEED TO RESAND REAR BUMPER SPOILER AND SIDESKIRTS FOR SOME FX-EFFECT AND BLACK HIGHLIGHTS ON THE REAR BUMPER SPOILER:):)...

THEN FIND SOME TIME TO FIT IT ALL:):))

HAVE A NICE ONE OUT THERE EVERYONE:):):)
Flooring Floor Fixture Gas Chair
Architecture Flooring Interior design Black-and-white Floor
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle door Flooring Wood
Mesh Grey Composite material Wire fencing Grille
Floor Flooring Gas Composite material Engineering
Wood Composite material Gas Flooring Metal
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Gas
Line Red Floor Flooring Composite material

See less See more
#3 ·
That's quite a setup. My dad was a "body and fender man" in the 40s and 50s. I still remember the smell of the paint when mom would send me inside to let him know we were there. (One car per family back then!) My 2014 is Hot Lava, a little deeper, maybe more red than yours. Your wheels gave me a chuckle when I saw them...little touch of whimsy.
I have a painted-to-match spoiler ordered from eBay that has been riding around with me for over a year. Dealer wants about $800 to install. I've asked my son and he's reluctant because he says, "once you've drilled a hole, it's there." and he doesn't want to create any leaks. Do you have any advice on spoiler installation? Thx. .....Looks GRRREAT!

#4 ·
That's quite a setup. My dad was a "body and fender man" in the 40s and 50s. I still remember the smell of the paint when mom would send me inside to let him know we were there. (One car per family back then!) My 2014 is Hot Lava, a little deeper, maybe more red than yours. Your wheels gave me a chuckle when I saw them...little touch of whimsy.
I have a painted-to-match spoiler ordered from eBay that has been riding around with me for over a year. Dealer wants about $800 to install. I've asked my son and he's reluctant because he says, "once you've drilled a hole, it's there." and he doesn't want to create any leaks. Do you have any advice on spoiler installation? Thx. .....Looks GRRREAT!
If u dont drill the holes thats supposed to hold it good enough be sure to use a very strong bodysealant on it...but when the cold ice snow comes it can snap and fly of:/

#5 ·
@milligi Did you ever find the template for installation? Let me see if I have the official installation instructions. I may or may not have gotten it because my iQ came with the spoiler installed. Is that a Toyota part with Toyota part # or a Chinese clone? (Probably should have asked that first.)

As @Painterman notes there are some very strong adhesives out there like BMW's Betalink:

It is prescribed for use to attach BMW carbon fiber spoilers.

3M has similar super strong double sided tape (let me see if I can find an example):

I tried to pick one that is wide enough for one piece but it said industrial use only [emoji20]

Sent from my REVVL V+ 5G using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.