Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
854 Posts
Are these upgrades to the sway bar parts that come with the kit? I have the sway bar I was waiting to change the axle to the disc brake version to install it...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are these upgrades to the sway bar parts that come with the kit? I have the sway bar I was waiting to change the axle to the disc brake version to install it...
There was a post somewhere (I think one of the FB groups) asking about replacements. I had to do a little digging to find the part number and found that they are the same part number to the Prius part number. I don't believe they are upgrades to the TRD sway bar end links. ;)

Reactions: jzchen

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
854 Posts
I got really confused, then looked at these carefully. Are they for the front? I originally thought they are for the rear until the MOOG part # share!

Sent from my REVVL V+ 5G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got really confused, then looked at these carefully. Are they for the front? I originally thought they are for the rear until the MOOG part # share!

Sent from my REVVL V+ 5G using Tapatalk
No, they are fer the TRD rear sway bar. I think TRD just "borrowed" them so they wouldn't have to make extra parts just fer the TRD sway bar. ;)

I noticed that the Moog part number cross-references over to the Honda Civic/Acura CL end links as well. The Moog part also has grease fittings while the TRD parts do not! This should help extend the life of the end links as long as yer greasing them. ;)

Reactions: jzchen

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
854 Posts
I have sat on the parts so long now it's been about 3 years. I did order some emergency/parking brake lines as I think they are different. (I'm not sure they are different LHD vs RHD to be 100% honest. I'll find out.)

My parents' Prius is overdue for an oil change but I should really start...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've ordered the Moog parts ($32 shipped) and they should be here in about 2 days. I'll just replace the TRD ones since they don't have any grease zerks so I don't find out later that they've rusted out at the wrong time. I'm not sure if the end links will have grease in them or not but I'll just hit them up with some silicone grease to be sure. ;)

Reactions: motomatt

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've ordered the Moog parts ($32 shipped) and they should be here in about 2 days. I'll just replace the TRD ones since they don't have any grease zerks so I don't find out later that they've rusted out at the wrong time. I'm not sure if the end links will have grease in them or not but I'll just hit them up with some silicone grease to be sure. ;)
Could you post a link for the Moog parts ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Could you post a link for the Moog parts ?
MOOG Chassis Products K90340 Stabilizer Bar Link Kit, $15

MOOG Chassis Products K90341 Stabilizer Bar Link Kit, $15

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got my Moog end link parts in and it looks like they have some sort of green grease loaded. ;)
Household hardware Door Dead bolt Gas Handle

The part number is stamped on the side of the end link. This is the K90341 part.
Photograph Black Material property Tints and shades Auto part

I've also verified that you need a 15mm socket to tighten down the nut with. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts