Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
removed the IQ badge,next is paint the back scion badge flat black this weekend then attempt to remove the front without dammaging to paint the front.i believe the back is just 2 way taped but the front is screwed or riveted.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Looks like it came off cleanly. Nice job.

·
Registered
985 Posts
the front is screwed or riveted.
I saw my iQ sans the front badge...along with tape, it also seemed to have a triangular notch that the badge snapped into or at least aligned with. Either way, it was not particularly small.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks taz.hey kennith,i used my better halfs hair dryer to gently heat and the a piece of fishing line to saw through the tape, worked very nicely.as im sure a hot sunny day would as well.from what i can see the rear scion is allso taped.there was a wee bit of residual glue left and peroxide made short work of that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
removed the IQ badge,next is paint the back scion badge flat black this weekend then attempt to remove the front without dammaging to paint the front.i believe the back is just 2 way taped but the front is screwed or riveted.
Nice! I just did mine last week :)

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well that settles it,i will not remove them either.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I shaved my iQ emblem and swapped out the Scion badges w/Toyota badges the 1st week I had the car lol!

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow,this is an older posr rehashed,lol,i decided against blackening my other emblems,they remain as stock.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Yeah I peeled the dealer plaque off my trunk before i pulled out of the dealership and tossed it in their trash can outside lol! I cant stand those dealer plaques, stickers, and license plate frames advertising for them when I paid them for the car LOL!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I used an old gift card.. the credit card style, to get my front and rear badges off. it was flexible enough to bend around the indention without scratching, and stiff enough to get through the mounting tape. I debadged and painted the iq letters but think I like it better without them so I may not put em back on.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah I peeled the dealer plaque off my trunk before i pulled out of the dealership and tossed it in their trash can outside lol! I cant stand those dealer plaques, stickers, and license plate frames advertising for them when I paid them for the car LOL!
I have always taken the approach that if it is on there, I will need them to sign an advertising contract. I figure about $100 a month would be fine, funny they have never taken me up on it and have always removed anything that has their name on it before delivery.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have always taken the approach that if it is on there, I will need them to sign an advertising contract. I figure about $100 a month would be fine, funny they have never taken me up on it and have always removed anything that has their name on it before delivery.
LOL nice!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'm not a complete jerk, if I get good service I always ask for a bunch of business cards. I hand them out when I am talking to someone about my car, I just can't stand seeing those logo's on cars.

·
Registered
351 Posts
this is what I did...

cause they do... and they scratched my car and I had to call Scion on them

1 - 20 of 21 Posts