Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what wire to tap into for adding an amplifier?

I am looking for an accessory circuit for the remote on the amplifier. I want it off of the radio and not the fuse box. I want to keep my wires in that spot behind the radio. By the wiring diagam I saw it looks like it might be a gray wire but not sure what plug to look at.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trust me I have installed enough stereos in my day. blue is always remote/power antenna. Thats why usually when you buy a wire kit the remote wire in the kit is usually blue as well.
Good that the blue works also as well as the gray. I went with the gray one because that is the ACC circuit on the wire diagram and also was used by others when I was trying to get an answer.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Good that the blue works also as well as the gray. I went with the gray one because that is the ACC circuit on the wire diagram and also was used by others when I was trying to get an answer.
Sometimes when using any wire other than the remote power wire there can be issues. Too much voltage can be a problem and there may be a "pop" in the sub since it is getting power at the same time as the headunit and not after.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No pops here and I have looked at the wiring diagram several times. It shows a gray wire going from the (ACC) fuse 5A to the radio with no color change at all. The only blue wires on the diagram are for front (FR+ and FR-) Speaker, (SPD) Combination Meter Assembly, and (B) Dome light fuse 15A which goes from white, to gray to sky blue. So if not the (ACC) circuit than which one?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts