Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some have removed the rear wiper and just plugged the hole up. Some have used that hole fer other things. Any thoughts about using the wiring fer some rear lights/horns? I'm thinking about using the wiper circuit fer some nice bright rear facing lights and the washer circuit fer some rear facing horns. Any thoughts? ;)

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
736 Posts
Be careful with the lighting to conform to vehicle code.

I find the thought of adding rear horn(s) a novel idea!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be careful with the lighting to conform to vehicle code.

I find the thought of adding rear horn(s) a novel idea!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
It's fer those times you need extra light to see behind you. ;)

I don't know of any other vehicle that has rear facing horns to notify people behind you vs in front of you. With the rear wiper switch, one could activate both the rear lights and rear horn! ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sure, you can do that. But honestly, you'd be better off just pulling a new set of wires through the existing rubber grommet / wire harness that goes from the back wall of the trunk to under the bumper - you will have to undo / redo the tape on the end of the grommet, but it will be a factory look and you will not have to worry about compliance with the safety etc. If you want your wiring in the back door - again, you can add extra wiring through the rubber grommet on top of the door. To do it the right way, you will have to remove the paneling from the left wall, but there is really not much to it. Alternatively, you can pull the wires above the roof panel. For the switch, I've bought a toyota push start button - it fits perfectly in place of the push start button plug:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts