Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all of the current road issues and the requirement for video recording of traffic events, I mounted my rear view DVR camera up high on my spoiler and made an enclosure from Coroplast. It's lightweight and gives the perfect mounting place for a glass cover over the lens. I currently have a piece of plastic (which is going to be replaced with the piece of glass) covering the camera so any water drops won't obscure my view if it was directly on the camera lens. My monitor is mounted over my rear view mirror so I have a clear view of the rear during the day and night. It's better than night vision! I have a rear black out curtain mounted behind the hatch so vehicles behind me can't see inside my iQ nor can they blind me with their headlights. I can easily lift the curtain out of the way if I need unimpeded viewing through the rear glass. ;)
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Photograph Hood

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
854 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

I thought I saw once a long time ago there were video screens built into the rear view mirror glass, tiny ones, but now I see the whole mirror is a screen.

What mirror/screen did you go with?

Sent from my REVVL V+ 5G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for sharing!

I thought I saw once a long time ago there were video screens built into the rear view mirror glass, tiny ones, but now I see the whole mirror is a screen.

What mirror/screen did you go with?

Sent from my REVVL V+ 5G using Tapatalk
I went with the Pormido 12" rearview mirror setup. Great for rear view but I'm not enamored with the playback controls on the unit. You'd have to download the files so you have better control of the time mark you want to see on a computer. ;)

Here's a shot of the view at 8:40pm. There are no street lights on this street with the exception of the one in front of me. ;)
Automotive lighting Flat panel display Automotive mirror Gadget Automotive exterior

Reactions: jzchen
1 - 4 of 4 Posts