Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can buy a spoiler from the factory, or I've seen them on E-bay where they ship them to you with an
"installation template" to do it yourself. Has anybody done this? Is installing it yourself easy to do? I'm a little worried about buying a new car and then taking a drill to it! Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I installed the rear spoiler on my tC and it was pretty easy. It only involved drilling two holes and removing the inside cover of the hatch. The iQ spoiler looks like it mounts the same way. As long as you have the template, you cannot screw up the holes. The part that requires a really steady hand is getting the spoiler on exactly straight the first time. You do not get a second chance with that 3M tape. If you had a second pair of hands, you could probably get it on right the first time.

Since I bought the spoiler with the car, I let them install it. They did a great job.

·
Registered
273 Posts

Watch how he works the tape starting at around 4:20 in the video.

There's a trick with the 3M tape that can be seen on the body kit videos. You peel just a bit of the protective release layer and let it stick out. Fit your wing or kit piece, and then pull the rest of the tab.

In other words, you don't peel the release layer all the way off and then just stick the entire unit to the car at the same time.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Just my two cents but I wouldn't drill the holes. Just use the 3M molding tape to attach the wing. I've done it to many cars and it holds great!

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I wish I had only d
Just my two cents but I wouldn't drill the holes. Just use the 3M molding tape to attach the wing. I've done it to many cars and it holds great!
I wish I had toyota only use the tape for my istall,if they would have been willing to do so.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Will the spoiler provide any shade?
We travel with the small dog (peek-a-poo) and I am curious if the spoiler will help keep the temp in the back down...

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Will the spoiler provide any shade?
We travel with the small dog (peek-a-poo) and I am curious if the spoiler will help keep the temp in the back down...
not a chance micky,but it sure looks nice

1 - 10 of 10 Posts