Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07.01.12 001.jpg 07.01.12 002.jpg 07.01.12 003.jpg 07.01.12 004.jpg

Just dropped my IQ off at Shrader Performance and home of www.rearseatdelete.com for R&D on fabricating a rear seat delete option for our IQ's. I was met by the owner, Steve Shrader, who put my car in their air conditioned garage and assured me that he would have this first prototype finished by this Friday. I will truly miss my baby while she's gone, but will use this time to give some much needed attention to my two Corvettes which I seldom drive, especially back and forth to work. The IQ became my daily driver, replacing an aging SUV that ate it's way out of house and home in gas.
I look forward to posting the results of this venture this upcoming weekend.

Here are the candidates to become my work transportation this week:
06.27.09 001.jpg 1982 Corvette Collector Edition

06.12.10 007.jpg 2006 Corvette Z06 in Daytona Sunset Orange. This was my inspiration for purchasing the Hot Lava Scion as I love this color.

Here is a couple of photos of my two car garage becoming a three car garage thanks to the IQ. Not an easy fit, but had to do it just to prove it could be done.
05.13.12 005.jpg 05.14.12 003.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Looking forward to the progress. I'm hoping they will take some pictures of the work in progress.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: I received an email from Steve a little while ago to let me know he will have my IQ ready for pickup tomorrow. He sent a few photos which give a good idea of what has been done. I'm glad that the storage box can still be left in place or removed as desired with access to the goodies underneath. I will post more photos and a review this weekend once I've picked up the car and have had a chance to evaluate this transformation.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Very clean look. For anyone who doesn't need the rear seat that's a great alternative.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
BOOM! thats the cutest little wagon i ever did saw.great.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Now for rear cup holder and seat belt delete.....! :) Nice work!

·
Registered
353 Posts
So you lose a little weight from your IQ and gain a little space in the rear? I guess I don't get it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Most excellent!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I did this myself the first day I bought the car, used the rear carpet as a replacement to cover the floor. Not knocking their work, but if this is an expensive mod I think most will be better served doing it themselves. Takes a few minutes to get the seat out and get it done. Gives alot more space for cargo and bags. My 2 cents.

John

·
Registered
156 Posts
I did this myself the first day I bought the car, used the rear carpet as a replacement to cover the floor. Not knocking their work, but if this is an expensive mod I think most will be better served doing it themselves. Takes a few minutes to get the seat out and get it done. Gives alot more space for cargo and bags. My 2 cents.

John
I too will attempt the modification myself for cost reasons. Thanks for the tip about using the original carpeting.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dyerjg : Do you have pictures of yours?

Bronxkie : How much did this end up costing?
Mine was used for the initial prototype and I allowed them to keep the car all week. Therefore, mine is being provided at no charge. I will be picking the car up in a few hours and will post more photos and be able to give a 1st hand impression. Their shop is about an hour away and will need to wait to pick it up later this afternoon to coordinate a ride home.
Keep your eyes on their website: www.rearseatdelete.com and hopefully they will post their photos and pricing soon.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey all!

Yes I have pics! I'll add them in a few minutes. Total weight savings was 38 lbs on mine as I also deleted the rear belts and hardware. I put foam padding in the well below were the seat was and put a strip of carpet across the whole thing then put the IQ rear carpet reversed to cover the area nicely. After the seat is out, it is easy to see where to go with it. It creates alot more space. I stored the seat and hardware on a shelf in the garage in case it ever needs to go back in. I personally can't see paying that much for it as I enjoyed doing it and made it look good and funtional to me. Pics in a few hopefully, LOL.

John

·
Registered
37 Posts
Okay, forgot to weigh a few items that came out, so around 42 lbs lost with rear seat delete and rear belt delete. a few pics of my homemade job are posted in my garage, let me know what you think.

John

1 - 20 of 39 Posts