Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know splicing electrical wire isn't hard, but I'd rather not cut into anything on a brand new car if possible. I'd also be glad to know that my mods can be emoved if I decide to resell.

I know things like the headlights and tail lights plug into the wiring harness, but are these connections universal? Can I just buy some kind of y-adapter/splitter and hack one end of that into my light the just plug it in between the head/tail light and the harness? I'd be a lot more brave about instaling mods if i knew I could just unplug them rather than try to repair a severed wire.

thanks in advance for any help you can give.

·
Registered
540 Posts
You could use some of the tap ins that you squeeze with pliers that just pierce 1560x1__58671_std.jpg the insulation and make the connection

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where can I find them, what are they called (Tried searching for tap-ins) and what gauge do I need?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Any hardware, tool, home improvement, wal-mart, etc. store sells those in the wiring area. Known by many names, Harbor Freight calls those Quick Wire Splices.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I find them at Pepboys or any other auto parts store, & they're the best! For most automotive wire guages, get the blue ones & you'll be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts