Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still haven't filled the tank since I got the car, but it is getting close to time to do so now. I've been watching the average mpg indicator inch up ever since I bought the car. My question is - does this indicator reset itself when I refill the gas tank, or do I have to do that manually some how?

I'm not putting to much stock in the first mpg readings. I have no idea how full the tank actually was when I got the car, nor was the trip meter reset to zero when I picked it up. Still, the average mpg indicator is reading about 34 mpg right now with two bars to go on the gas gauge.

Thanks!

·
Registered
985 Posts
My question is - does this indicator reset itself when I refill the gas tank, or do I have to do that manually some how?
Yes, it resets itself, although I am not sure how low the tank needs to get before it automatically resets itself.

·
Registered
98 Posts
yes it will reset and mine is pretty accurate based on my calculaltions of mileage divided by gallon used ot refill, but it took 3000 miles for the mpg to reach optimum, and you can affect the mpg drastically depending on how many times you choose to carry on refilling beyond the click off point of the pump. I can generally get more than a gallon in after the first shutoff and drastically reduce the MPG for that tank. A gallon in a 8.5 gallon tank is a big precentage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts