Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone else find themselves nicking and scraping the edges of these gigantic doors when opened in tight spaces? I've got a relatively narrow carport, and if I park so that both doors can be opened one will hit the landlord's ladders and the other the wood siding, and I can already see scuffs working their way through the wrap.

Is there some kind of cut-it-yourself edge trim you can get to solve this problem?

If so, do you think I should try to match the red wrap, or maybe go with black to keep the whole red/black contrast going?

·
Registered
236 Posts
They have door edge guard that is a trim the length to fit, it has a adhesive down inside and it just pushes on.

They have it at most local auto parts stores, It comes in Black and chrome for sure but they may have other colors.

the black would probably look good

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
if you would rather not put these on your doors,i face the same problem here.i went to wallmart bought a 6 foot,wet noodle,mind outa the gutter peeps,they are those long 3 inch round floating devises for pools and such:p.I mail.jpg screwed one to each side of the garage,works like a charm.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
if you would rather not put these on your doors,i face the same problem here.i went to wallmart bought a 6 foot,wet noodle,mind outa the gutter peeps,they are those long 3 inch round floating devises for pools and such:p.I
screwed one to each side of the garage,works like a charm.
and all the marks you see on the wall are from my nissan cubes door over a three year period without the protection,there wasnt a mark on the cubes door edge after many of thousands of bumps,it took the paint completely off to the metal on my IQ after just one month,TERRIBLE PAINT,i have learned since then that toyota is known for weak paint.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
and cliffjumper could not get a colour match because of his wrap,but maybe you can wrap the door protectors?

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was thinking more like what westgl posted than what corE posted. It's the edges of my doors that're getting nicked up, not so much the sides.

I'll have to look into that...not sure I need 50' though

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I ended up getting the 50" reel, figuring I can just bequeath the remainder to the bonnie, it'll look good against the midnight blue the pontiac sports.

Pics have been posted HERE if you'd like to see how it turned out.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, Kart. I figured the gloss black was a safer bet than trying to match my red with theirs, or hoping the clear wouldn't look weird. Ended up adding style and protection ;-)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts