Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I should probably think about it for a while and weigh it all up. Maybe a good auto mechanic can help me, we'll see. I will think and decide. But for now I will not waste my time and will study the topic. There is a lot written about it on the Internet, for example, here. By the way, it's quite interesting. I may not dare to buy a car, but I'll know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've always purchased used. Just recently purchased a 2012 Scion iQ and a 2016 Audi Q5.
Cars lose their value extremely fast, and if your planning on reselling then I would definitely purchase a Toyota or Honda so the name holds the value more so then the Year/Mileage of the car.
One thing to keep in mind if buying from a private seller vs dealer. If the private seller isn't willing to allow you to bring the vehicle to a mechanic to do a "Pre-Purchase Inspection" (Usually $60-$100). Then its probably best that you don't buy the car. -This will also help with possibly lowering the asking price. If you are buying from a dealer, the car should come with some type of warranty, or the option to add a warranty. If they don't provide a warranty, you might as well just save some money and buy from a private seller.
Honestly it is risky to buy any type of used car. Something to keep in mind or research is the cost of parts. I always check the make and model on eBay to see what the average cost of replacement parts are. If you find a mechanic that is willing to let you buy/bring your own parts, then you will definitely save money in the long run.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My husby bought a used car as a third in our family. He loves driving off-road or riding a bike with our kids somewhere outside of the city. We've got special bikes for out son here. So, my husband does not mind scratching the car when he goes somewhere

1 - 5 of 5 Posts