Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you buy a used car? How long have you been driving it? Are you happy with it? I'm currently faced with the choice of what kind of car to buy. Or is it very risky to buy a used car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I should probably think about it for a while and weigh it all up. Maybe a good auto mechanic can help me, we'll see. I will think and decide. But for now I will not waste my time and will study the topic. There is a lot written about it on the Internet, for example, here. By the way, it's quite interesting. I may not dare to buy a car, but I'll know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've always purchased used. Just recently purchased a 2012 Scion iQ and a 2016 Audi Q5.
Cars lose their value extremely fast, and if your planning on reselling then I would definitely purchase a Toyota or Honda so the name holds the value more so then the Year/Mileage of the car.
One thing to keep in mind if buying from a private seller vs dealer. If the private seller isn't willing to allow you to bring the vehicle to a mechanic to do a "Pre-Purchase Inspection" (Usually $60-$100). Then its probably best that you don't buy the car. -This will also help with possibly lowering the asking price. If you are buying from a dealer, the car should come with some type of warranty, or the option to add a warranty. If they don't provide a warranty, you might as well just save some money and buy from a private seller.
Honestly it is risky to buy any type of used car. Something to keep in mind or research is the cost of parts. I always check the make and model on eBay to see what the average cost of replacement parts are. If you find a mechanic that is willing to let you buy/bring your own parts, then you will definitely save money in the long run.
Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts