Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just replaced my headlight bulbs with philips h11 crystalvision ultra bulb ($30 online) and very happy. this is for someone who's ok with the stock bulbs and wants something white. the pics may not show well but here are some:

driver side stock, pass side new bulb, comparision, note the pass side brighter on my other ride's rear.

stock.jpg pcvu.jpg comp.jpg

thanks to the forum again, replacing the bulb is quite easy once you figure out to turn the plastic cover to unlock then open.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Wow, what a difference. Source for bulbs and info on swap out, please.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got mine from amazon. if you buy it there, skip the "make sure it fits" box since it will say it wont.

swap is easy. turn the big circular plastic cover and and pull to open, disconnect the h11 connector, turn the bulb via plastic piece and remove. reverse things for replacement. remove fuse box cover on driver side for better access (posted here too).

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thanks, one more question. Any concern about increased amperage draw?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have to check on that (or someone feel free). i thought the same 55w should be compatible already.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nice info thanks.......I was considering a HID kit ,......but worried about amp draw and heat....

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok i just checked and found out that the stock bulbs are identical 55w 12v and made by philips! i also noticed they are identical except the blue tip on the crystalvision. also, to clarify if needed, this is not an hid conversion, just bulb swap.

·
Registered
353 Posts
mxiq,
Thanks for the info. No need to worry about any overloads. I'll order the bulbs and copy your idea.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Keep in mind these coated tip bulbs put out a whiter light but less lumens than a stock bulb , you gain appearance but lose useable light .

·
Registered
156 Posts
Keep in mind these coated tip bulbs put out a whiter light but less lumens than a stock bulb , you gain appearance but lose useable light .
Think I will wait till someone tries something with more lumins (light) as when we get out rainny season back, I would like to be able to see better than I can now with the stock bulbs. What about the Sylvannia ZXE??

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sylvania Osram give a bit more light but not US silver stars . Not sure about the ZXE but I believe it may be coated . There's a few bulbs that add a bit more light , One is Wagner brite light , I forget the other but these are minimal differences . ;How are the IQ,s headlights ? They are projectors so I was expecting them to be pretty good ?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i think these are brighter than the stock philips from what i observe. the other day i drove to a dark area around my house and noticed the difference. very consistent with reviews from other car forums.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts