Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2014* Scion iQ. it’s acting funny
To start, I just had the alternator replaced.
Stock, from what I understand it came with an 80 amp alternator. I had a 100amp installed because I plan to add some things here soon.
When I first got it back, everything was fine. I didn’t notice anything weird with the windows.

Then I tried to crack the passenger side window.
But it wouldn’t work from the driver side. so I did some testing and this is what I determined.

Essentially: I can not control the passenger window from the driver side. I can control the passenger window, from the passenger side. However when I control from the passenger side, the auto function does not work.
And there are lights in the buttons (passenger side window button on the driver side AND passenger window button on passenger side) that flash twice, then pause. The lights do not happen at any specific time. They are happening continuously. I tried shutting the car off, and turning it back on and they are blinking.

Also, yes I have tried the window lock; it is off. However, when I turn it on, the lights stop flashing?

Driver window works fine.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
838 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! There are some reinitialization steps that can be found in the manual. I found yours here:

I used the Index in front and it said pg. 55. Low and behold clicking on the "55" jumps right to the correct page, (an awesome development that didn't used to be a long long time ago).

1. Hold the power window switch in the one-touch closing position. Continue holding the switch for a further 6 seconds after the window has closed.
2. Hold the power window switch in the one-touch opening position. Continue holding the switch for a further 2 seconds after the window has opened completely.
3. Hold the power window switch in the one-touch closing position once again. Continue holding the switch for a further 2 seconds after the window has closed.

I don't think anyone dares replace an alternator without disconnecting the battery so these steps may be necessary. Sometimes they aren't, sometimes they are, you got 50/50 is my guess. (I guess sometimes someone just so happens to do the initialization without realizing).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW!!! Look at that!! ITS FIXED! That’s crazy that that’s all it took to fix it, lol

I never got that manual with my car so I figured it was like the repair manual and didn’t exist.
thank you so so much!!!

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
838 Posts
Underneath the front passenger seat is a drawer. It slides out forward. That is where I found my manual portfolio. If it is not there eBay would be my next search, and lastly:

Sent from my REVVL V+ 5G using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts