Scion IQ Forums banner

Papers signed, awaiting delivery and wrap

13K views 79 replies 18 participants last post by  Cliffjumper 
#1 ·
Well, it's official. I am now a happily indebted Scion iQ owner

It'll be ready for pickup Tuesday, then Thursday I'm taking it across the street from the dealership to get a lovely red wrap with integral Autobot graphics (and maybe a nice racing stripe).

Black Sand Pearl (for the moment), Upgraded stereo, spoiler, TRD Sway Bar

#4 ·
As soon as it's wrapped my salesman wants to get a couple snaps of it on its own and with us and the wrap guy in front of the dealership because he thinks it's gonna look awesome. You guys will be the next ones to see them ;-)

#12 ·
Likewise! My Saleman texted me a couple of pics when it arrived at the dealership (Not bothering to share them because in that state it's nothing to look at, just a stock black iQ with no spoiler or even hubcaps), but it's got me all atwitter.

Technically it'll be ready this evening, but I'm stuck at work until after the dealership closes today so I'll be picking it up before work tomorrow.

Then Thusday I go in to talk to the wrap guy. Not sure how long between then and actually getting my wrap but I'm excited. If you want I can snap some 'before' pics when I get it...or just save it for the big reveal

#15 ·
I'm thinking for the wrap graphics besides the red color change and black autobot roof logo, a pair of black Shelby Cobra style big fat racing stripes (Maybe a little more space between them than the shelby) in black, and where they cross over the black autobot logo on the roof, make the logo red. Cool, ne?

#17 ·
Count me in as another who cannot wait to see this car. Congrats! Lately I've kinda been wishing I'd done a wrap so I could have done some sort of cool, unique design. But I've already done the 3M paint protection, which cost me $1,000, and I like the black currant color an awful lot. Well, maybe a wrap is something to think about for the future. I love the design and personalization aspect of wraps.

#20 ·
count me in as another who cannot wait to see this car. Congrats! Lately i've kinda been wishing i'd done a wrap so i could have done some sort of cool, unique design. But i've already done the 3m paint protection, which cost me $1,000, and i like the black currant color an awful lot. Well, maybe a wrap is something to think about for the future. I love the design and personalization aspect of wraps.
1000.00 for paint protection, what the ......... Is she wrapped in gold

#18 ·
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
YEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

<cough> sorry, just picked up my car from the dealership. Didn't have time to get it detailed (I have to be at work soon and they were backed up) but we're taking it back tomorrow to get it pampered before talking to the wrap guy.

I must say, the black sand pearl IS nice...I'm going to see if maybe we can get the black sections of the wrap to be clear instead so that natural paint can pop right out.

And oh god...soooo much fun to drive. Especially when I did the nerdiest, Transformeriest thign I could do when I got it.

I loaded THIS

(The original Takara Music Label release, not the knockoffs you see floating around amazon, of course)

With MP3s of THESE songs...

The first sounds out of my upgraded audio head were "YOU GOT THE TOUCH!.....YOU GOT THE POWAAAH!......YEEEAAAHHH!!!!" from the original 1985 animated movie...coming out of a transforming thumb drive based on a character who used to turn into a tape cassette. It was so epic I almost cried. I got the Subwoofer on and sound levels adjusted to iQ mode just in time for the throbbing intro to that second song...it was awesome watching the VW behind me vibrating in the rearview in time with the beat.

#25 ·
Well, I don't know if it's got a real sub or just bass boost, but there was an option that said 'subwoofer on/off' and we turned it on. Maybe that's only if ewuipped, either way it sounded gooooood

#28 ·
The iQ doesn't come with a subwoofer, the upgraded headunit does however provide the RCA out jacks if you want to add amplifiers and a sub. There are six speakers, two tweeters and mid range in the doors and two full range in the rear side panels.

#27 ·
Hey Mr. Cliffjumper Congrats on getting your buggy ! I've been following all of your wishes and dreams here and if your anything like me you want it all done yesterday! Like the other guys said Pics, Pics, Pics........I know it takes time and a lot of $$$$ but savor each step of the way !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.