Scion IQ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
697 Posts
Beautiful! Glad Toyota stepped up to the plate so to speak and took care of it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had to remove some of my design for the Toyota white pearl paint issues/ Fixed at no charge with a free car rental
View attachment 17004 View attachment 17004
Hello! I own a 2012 iQ and the paint is peeling everywhere. May I ask how did you get Toyota to cover the cost? If you would be able to share how or who to contact I would be very appreciative. Thank you and thanks for sharing your pics! Sweet ride!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello! I own a 2012 iQ and the paint is peeling everywhere. May I ask how did you get Toyota to cover the cost? If you would be able to share how or who to contact I would be very appreciative. Thank you and thanks for sharing your pics! Sweet ride!
I got a letter from Toyota in refence to the paint peeling. You can go to WWW.TOYOTA.COM/RECALL or go to your local Toyota Dealer & they should be able to help you. Hope that helps...& Thanks about my ride.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for posting this information. My 2013 IQ had a sliver of paint peeling off directly above the top of the rear window and when I had inquired at a body shop they said it would cost about $1,000 to fix (!), then I read this thread. I took it to my Toyota dealer, their body shop verified the peeling paint was Toyota's problem, and they repainted the peeling section and found two more small sections which they painted as well -- all under the terms of the recall. Yay!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts