Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way I can protect my paint from chips. They recommend that i get the paint protection film. Is there anyplace I can get the paint protection film besides the dealer?

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
There are a lot of places that can do what is called a "clear bra" for your iQ. I had it done to mine the first week I owned the car. Mine was done freehand but there are now patterns available from 3M so the price is less and the installation is easier.

I'm not sure what area you live in so just Google clear bra and your city to see if somewhere close come up. It's a great way to protect your paint.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much did they charge at Clear Pro for the clear bra? I found one in Murieta and i plan on going there as soon as i get a price quote.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
A shop here in my town offers the entire front end,mirrors included for 260$

·
Registered
133 Posts
How much did they charge at Clear Pro for the clear bra? I found one in Murieta and i plan on going there as soon as i get a price quote.
That place in murrieta wants $625 installed. The pre-cut 3m film sells for $240 shipped on eBay. Im tempted to try and install it myself.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Im more tempted with what iqforyou said. Just want to know where his home town is haha
CHILLIWACK BC CANADA,COME ON OVER,lets go cruisin,dont have allot of room in my house cuz of my 3 short humans,but we could probably house ya for a day or two.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Just be forewarned, it's a pain in the butt to install and make it look good. Lots of tight corners to deal with.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just be forewarned, it's a pain in the butt to install and make it look good. Lots of tight corners to deal with.
Thats why I haven't done it. I had a hard enough time installing a screen protector on my iPad and my kids DS. Lol. $400 for a couple hours work is kinda steep...assuming they are using the pre-cut film.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Thats why I haven't done it. I had a hard enough time installing a screen protector on my iPad and my kids DS. Lol. $400 for a couple hours work is kinda steep...assuming they are using the pre-cut film.
WHEW,and here i thought i was the only one who has faced terribly difficult challenges getting my kidses screen protectors on their I pods,thanks for your honesty ai17828.HA HA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts