Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After sitting for a few months, my IQ started with a P0138 and P0607 code.
I need to get this inspected to be able to drive it again, where is the downstream O2 sensor and how do I replace it?

Micky

·
Registered
110 Posts
I need to get this inspected to be able to drive it again, where is the downstream O2 sensor and how do I replace it?

Micky
It sits on the downpipe. Lay on the ground in front of the car and look at exhaust pipe right next to the steering rack. You should see the sensor with two wires. Unscrew, install new one and torque to 32ft/lbs (or 30 ft/lbs using one inch long crows foot wrench that looks straight ahead).
IMG_7558.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
It sits on the downpipe. Lay on the ground in front of the car and look at exhaust pipe right next to the steering rack. You should see the sensor with two wires. Unscrew, install new one and torque to 32ft/lbs (or 30 ft/lbs using one inch long crows foot wrench that looks straight ahead). View attachment 17079

You might also try to reset the codes and just drive it around for a week.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It sits on the downpipe. Lay on the ground in front of the car and look at exhaust pipe right next to the steering rack. You should see the sensor with two wires. Unscrew, install new one and torque to 32ft/lbs (or 30 ft/lbs using one inch long crows foot wrench that looks straight ahead). View attachment 17079

Looks easy enough to get to. I have reset the codes twice now, if it throws the code again I will replace it. I hope it's not welded into place...

Micky

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looks easy enough to get to. I have reset the codes twice now, if it throws the code again I will replace it. I hope it's not welded into place...

Micky
You might need to drive it around for a week before resetting. Other than that, you can get a special socket at autozone. They can be a pain to remove- might want to soak with pb blaster overnight. Then try to remove when the exhaust is still hot, like 5 minutes after turning off the car (dot burn yourself).

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What size crow's foot flare wrench might I need for re-torquing the sensor?

·
Registered
110 Posts
What size crow's foot flare wrench might I need for re-torquing the sensor?
The best I can tell it’s a 22mm. Look up oxegen sensor socket 22mm on amazon. Your local autozone / advanceautoarts might have it on loaner too. OEM toyota tool is 09224-00010.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
702 Posts
O2 sensor tools as kindly advised by @maksym usually provide a good grip on stuck O2 sensors. The crows foot type may be too weak to loosen...

·
Registered
207 Posts

Micky
what year is your IQ and mileage?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts