Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAS ANYONE PUT 205s ON, AND WITH WHAT RESULT?
Often wondered if I would ever be an iQ owner, but you all will remember that when I found a local dealer who had one, I jumped at the opportunity to own! It met/meets all my requirements for accessibility, and while I have no trouble actually "driving", due to my declining mobility, my biggest problem is getting from my front door to the car, then from the car into the doctor's office, lab, etc., which are pretty much the only places I go these days.
Am still carrying that spoiler around in my hatch, plus, other pressing medical issues kept me from putting on some (not-so) fancy wheels and new tires. I've found recommendations here regarding upsizing (I can't understand the offset issue, but I don't have to, that's what tire techs are for).
All to say...I will probably be selling soon but haven't come to grips with the fact that this will have to be my last car. The orig tires are cracked and I don't drive even once a month--I know, hard on them. My daughter's 2015 Sonic has about 30K on a (2nd) set of Bridgestones 205x55x16. I've gone to the tire comp websites, so I know the measurements, I just don't know how much "extra" is too much. I was going to buy 185s, but HAS ANYONE PUT 205s ON, AND WITH WHAT RESULT?
My reasoning: I need to put a new set on the iQ ($500+) but if I swap with her current ones, (an even $$ match due to good $ale$ right now that I can get on her size B/S), and then put the $500 into HER tires it's a win-win. She gets a new set and for however long I keep my iQ, or my buyer, gets better than what is on the iQ now (her B/S take-offs).
Finally... 馃榿 ...HAS ANYONE PUT 205s ON, AND WITH WHAT RESULT? Thx, guys, you've always been my most credible sources!

Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
As a clarification you may need to also find a tire shop willing to squeeze the 205s on the 5" wide stock wheels of the iQ, as minimum wheel width on the 4 samples I checked is 5.5"....

Sent from my REVVL V+ 5G using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As a clarification you may need to also find a tire shop willing to squeeze the 205s on the 5" wide stock wheels of the iQ, as minimum wheel width on the 4 samples I checked is 5.5"....

AAARRRGGGHHHH! WHY did they give us 16" wheels if they were going to pair with such small width and ratio???? (Still livin' the dream for as long as I'm able)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, jzchen. You guys are the best at ferreting out information trivia. As for the FB group, I never woulda' thunk to check....now I have a whole new group of iQ owners to harass with my stupid questions. (There was a day -- see my sig -- when I might have been more willing to attempt certain "mods" but this old gal ain't set up for that kind of longevity.) Depending on what happens (keep, sell, or die) my little hot lava may show up in the for sale section.

Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
A member @felkers made me aware of the Facebook group(s). (There are two). Definitely more activity than here but for search function this forum is probably your best bet.

I hope your health condition gets better/stabilizes. Feel free to go to the Off Topic Discussion section for anything else on your mind, ie health. We live with my 91 year old dad and 86 year old mother. I just took them to get their 2nd booster (4th dose) of COVID vaccine at a local Walmart. (First three were Pfizer I requested Moderna for this one). Made the appointment on Walmart.com/COVID and got to choose. (I thought it's good to give the virus a "different look"). My wife confirmed that this is the recommended idea from her work, (she works at a medical clinic)...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts