Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the overhead storage cubby off eBay. It arrived super fast from Japan. Other than my iPhone, I don't have a video recording device so no install pics. I was not too thrilled with the lack of small item storage so I went in this direction. I would have rather had a center storage armrest but could not find one.

The installation instructions were in Japanese so I went by the pictures. Cutting the opening in the headliner was a bit scary but the provided template was spot on. The one end screws into the roof brace and the other end uses two anchors into the headliner.

If you get this item, DO NOT drill the anchor holes until you screw the cubby in. I drilled them where I marked them from the template and they were really off. I ended up drilling two new holes. The anchors are quite wide so it was not a problem.

Now my sunglasses, garage door remote and EZ Tag have new homes.

I got my new iPad on Friday and will try to take some pics. My digital camera is broken and the new one has not arrived yet.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I as well see the price of that small piece of plastic,and I makes it very easy for me to come to the decision,that I DO NOT need one that bad,heck I dont even wear glasses of any type.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yes, that is the same one. I agree the prices are high for the accessories. I had to have something for storage. It was a pain in the a$$ reaching down under the passenger seat for my sunglasses and there was no place to put the garage remote and I cannot stand it hanging from the sun visor. Sunglasses fit in the top compartment and my EZ Tag sits in the bottom. I used velcro to hold the garage remote inside and attached to the top. There is still room for more stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Your pic gives me a better idea of the size,it is rather larger than i thought. My garage door opener conveiniently clips to the driver side handle above my head.thanks for the Pic.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is rather large. When I first held it up in place, I almost decided not to install it. Then when it came time to take the xacto knife and cut into the headliner, I was sure I was not going to put it in.

As I said, I would have preferred a center console with storage but could not find one. I checked British and Japanese sites and came up empty so I caved in and installed. I am already used to it. I would like to install a light in it run off the overhead light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts