Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys recommend getting this battery to run for your cars since, it does have a great battery life, CCA rating is also great.

Or do you guys just prefer the stock battery that came in the car? i personally from what people have told me that the dry cell batteries are great, plus this battery has a life time warranty as well or 3 years..

·
Registered
120 Posts
I dont know much about batteries but if you are going to use your car for everyday use, go with the stock.
I just don't know where to buy the stock battery outside of the dealer.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I use optimas in all my cars , they are expensive but last much longer and dont corrode battery terminals . The red top is what you want as a replacement for stock .

·
Registered
985 Posts
For me it'd be a bit of a coin toss. One costs more and lasts longer, one costs less but doesn't last as long. Otherwise I tend to not put much strain on batteries, so I'd be fine going either way when the time comes (assuming fitment is spot on).

·
Registered
89 Posts
The yellow top is more for using high power audio , it can withstand many discharge cycles . The red top gives the most reliable starting performance . Unless you need to be playing a high powered stereo at the beach or something then red top is much better choice for a everyday driver .

·
Registered
89 Posts
I wouldn't replace the battery on a brand new car , typically after a couple years I replace it with an optima . Sears used to sell them but now they have their own version . I have been buying mine from Amazon and Summit racing . Most chain auto parts store also carry them .

·
Registered
156 Posts
I wouldn't replace the battery on a brand new car , typically after a couple years I replace it with an optima . Sears used to sell them but now they have their own version . I have been buying mine from Amazon and Summit racing . Most chain auto parts store also carry them .
Must agree with Iqfanatic - it doesn't make sense to me to "fix something that's not broken" so I will wait till the stock battery dies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts