Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of my favorite car shows of the year. It's put on by the Toyota Owners Restoration Club (T.O.R.C.) All Toyotafest at the Queen Mary park in Long Beach. So many old school Toyota's, Lexus and Scion's. I displayed both the iQ and my 1982 Toyota SR-5 long bed Pickup with 40,000 original miles. Lots of fun.

I won Second Place in the xA, xD and iQ division. The woman to my left won First Place with her Scion xA and the woman to my right won Third Place with her Scion xD.

My wife at the show with me...

And checking out the new Scion FR-S. She wants one now, but white.

Went out to dinner after the show with some friends from my car club. One of them drives the Hot Lava iQ.

Good times but as always you must be safe at car shows so remember...

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you get pics of her car that took 1st place... Hard to believe she pulled that off considering everything you've modded on the IQ. Either way, the current decal arrangement is looking nice. Did you pull the windshield stickers off for a reason?
The xA that took first place is an amazing ride. Team Korshak has been working on it for a couple of years and it's beautiful.

You can find more pics of their xA here: click

I took the roll call off the windshield since the rear window wouldn't hold any more sponsors. I changed the look from chrome over white to brushed aluminum over black as well. I still have a couple of sponsors who didn't get me the graphic files in time for the show.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I sure wish i had a sponsor,but because i do not enter in carshows i guess they wouldnt want to waste their time.LOL.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sure wish i had a sponsor,but because i do not enter in carshows i guess they wouldnt want to waste their time.LOL.:rolleyes:
It is a requirement. Having sponsors isn't just about getting free parts, there is a lot that goes into the year long commitment. Attending shows, publicizing their products. A lot of car builders just take the parts and that's it. I like to build a personal relationship with my sponsors, many of them have become friends and we work together on future projects as well.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
It is a requirement. Having sponsors isn't just about getting free parts, there is a lot that goes into the year long commitment. Attending shows, publicizing their products. A lot of car builders just take the parts and that's it. I like to build a personal relationship with my sponsors, many of them have become friends and we work together on future projects as well.
and it is easy to tell your envolvement and commitment to.i guess i was more poking fun,cuz yes i do not know what all is entailed in what you do.a LIFESTYLE im sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts