Scion IQ Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everybody!

I noticed that my iQ with almost 100K miles is starting to burn some oil. Honestly I never measured how much oil it is exactly consuming, however I usually top-up the engine oil a couple of times between oil changes (whenever I notice the oil level is under 1/4 of the F level). I am currently using the recommended 0W-20 synthetic oil. I do not drive more than 500/600 miles each month. I am getting my oil changed every 4/5 months by a mechanic at the Walmart Auto Care.

Is there anybody else doing the same thing?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Never checked mine, but did notice it was low at the oil change. Here is what user manual says:

Engine oil consumption
●The amount of engine oil consumed depends on the oil viscosity, the
quality of the oil and the way the vehicle is driven.
●More oil is consumed under driving conditions such as high speeds and
frequent acceleration and deceleration.
●A new engine consumes more oil.
●When judging the amount of oil consumption, keep in mind that the oil
may have become diluted, making it difficult to judge the true level accurately.
●Oil consumption: Max. 1.1 qt./600 miles (0.9 Imp. qt./600 miles, 1.0 L per
1000 km)
●If you consume more than 1.1 qt. (1.0 L, 0.9 Imp. qt.) every 600 miles
(1000 km), contact your Scion dealer.

·
Registered
204 Posts
My guess is that it takes very little oil to top off from 1/4 below the F level and do that every 1500 miles probably not bad.

Good evening everybody!

I noticed that my iQ with almost 100K miles is starting to burn some oil. Honestly I never measured how much oil it is exactly consuming, however I usually top-up the engine oil a couple of times between oil changes (whenever I notice the oil level is under 1/4 of the F level). I am currently using the recommended 0W-20 synthetic oil. I do not drive more than 500/600 miles each month. I am getting my oil changed every 4/5 months by a mechanic at the Walmart Auto Care.

Is there anybody else doing the same thing?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have found the key to oil comsumption in the IQ, 2012 184K miles with 132K post recall of valve cover and modification of the air intake. Anyway the key to reducing oil loss is....
check every single hose on your air intkae combustion chamber. Every single spring clamp check to make sure it clamps the port not just the hose. Look oil spray on the belt side of the valve cover then check all polltion recapture hoses connected to the air intake. if they pull off you will have problem notable skips and loss of oil ,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts