Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Does anyone know what the width of the OEM Scion Alum wheel? I was wondering if I could swap tires from the steel wheels?

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
hey there Flim,i don not know the size of hand,although ,stay tuned and im sure your question will be answered,BUT,i was informed by the folks a scion that if i would have ordered the alloys,they would use the SAME rubber,ive never bin accused of being smart but that WOULD mean they will work perfectly.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey all,

Does anyone know what the width of the OEM Scion Alum wheel? I was wondering if I could swap tires from the steel wheels?
5" width on oem aluminum wheels, yes you can swap the tires.

16inch x 5J inch same size as the oem steel wheels. Let me know if I'm wrong.

See photos below.

Here is the back view and you can see the size.

IQ Wheel size back.jpg

Here is a front view...

IQ Wheel Front View.jpg

Hope that helps.

-Kooler

·
Registered
98 Posts
I did just that. Took delivery on the steel rims and went back to have the alloys fitted. They just moved the tires over and put all four stel wheels in the back of the car!!! Now I have some steesl for snow tires if I decide to go that way.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I did just that. Took delivery on the steel rims and went back to have the alloys fitted. They just moved the tires over and put all four stel wheels in the back of the car!!! Now I have some steesl for snow tires if I decide to go that way.
Please tell me how you did that. I keep running into dealers who tell me the alloys are on stop-sale and I cannot buy them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just went to the dealer (late December) and spec'd the car I wanted including the alloys. The next day I took delivery minus pretty much all the extras (I assume they wanted the sale on thier books before year end) and got a call the next week to come back in and have them fitted. I dropped the car off and when i collected it the alloys were on the car and the steels were in the car. Same tires that were on the steels were on the alloys. You can buy the alloys from scionpartpeople much cheaper than the dealer price, but you need to factor in moving the tires and theTPMS sensors which i heard is about $200.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just went to the dealer (late December) and spec'd the car I wanted including the alloys. The next day I took delivery minus pretty much all the extras (I assume they wanted the sale on thier books before year end) and got a call the next week to come back in and have them fitted. I dropped the car off and when i collected it the alloys were on the car and the steels were in the car. Same tires that were on the steels were on the alloys. You can buy the alloys from scionpartpeople much cheaper than the dealer price, but you need to factor in moving the tires and theTPMS sensors which i heard is about $200.
You must be on the west coast. They are not available here at all.

Toyota finally took the stop-sale off the wheels on 2/29 but the local dealers do not even have the part number activated in their systems so they cannot even order them.

I finally was able to order them through ScionPartsPeople. They were discounted a bit but once I added in shipping, they were actually $13 more than the local dealer. I had to have them so I bit the bullet and paid to have them shipped. I should have them by the end of next week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts