Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really didn't care for the red trim on the dash pieces so I took care of that...

I also painted the center gray area black and the chrome ring on my air ride gauges in the center console.

That's better.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wow! I'm glad I don't mind the stripe because that's more work than I care to do. It's that diligence and attention to detail that set you apart from the average modder. Good Job!

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No more Red Stripe? Really?

While I was in Jamaica, that was my favorite brand of beer!
I drank enough Red Stripe for a lifetime when I was in Jamacia. Good times!

·
Registered
84 Posts
*GASP* Stock speakers?! Are you ok Taz?! Haha, i kid. Mods look great! Looks like it was done like that in the factory!

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
*GASP* Stock speakers?! Are you ok Taz?! Haha, i kid. Mods look great! Looks like it was done like that in the factory!

Look closer young Jedi, those are not stock speakers...

Stock is on the left, OEM Audio + is on the right, carbon fiber.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
HA HA.that they are not.stock speakers that is,im so terribly eager to hear thos little beuties.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hay Taz on the center console that the ac controls are on did you use a matte black or flat? I was thinking a matte black.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hay Taz on the center console that the ac controls are on did you use a matte black or flat? I was thinking a matte black.
I used Plati Dip which is by their definition flat black. The cool thing is I can peel it off if I change direction with the interior. Plasti Dip also sells a glossifier (their word) to make the black shiny.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Taz are all the center trim/console pop off?
The triangle piece, head unit piece and lower piece all pop off. If you want to take the center lower side sections off they have a few bolts to remove. It's a little more work but not too difficult.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The triangle piece, head unit piece and lower piece all pop off. If you want to take the center lower side sections off they have a few bolts to remove. It's a little more work but not too difficult.
Thanks for the information. Didn't want to pry up on plastic and have a hidden bolt somewhere.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts