Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never liked the egg yolks on car fronts i normally replace the bright egg yolks with chrome or silver coated yellow bulbs.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Looks good. I'm working with Sean at ledmods.com on an LED version that will double as a turn signal and DRL. Should be ready in a week or two.

On a side note, I hope you will be coming to the iQ Meet and Greet in Long Beach on August 11th! Love to see your ride in person again.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Looks a lot sharper!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I never liked the egg yolks on car fronts i normally replace the bright egg yolks with chrome or silver coated yellow bulbs.

That was one of the first things I did to my car. I did front and back. I have never liked that yellow glow even when the lights are off.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I did this when I first bought my Dodge SX. The car had a 'crossed eyes' look to it that bothered me so I switched out the orange bulbs with titanium bulbs which looked chrome but flashed amber. This way the car didn't look so cross eyed and the cops wouldn't bother me for having a signal light that's other than orange/amber. :)

I have thought about doing this on my iQ but the look of the front end doesn't bother me enough to put in the time. Perhaps I will do it, even if just for a change, at a later date. Great little mod though!

·
Registered
117 Posts
It takes less than 5 minutes to change them out. The rear bulbs take a little longer but still very easy. I have to work on that remaining reflector issue.

·
Registered
507 Posts
It takes less than 5 minutes to change them out. The rear bulbs take a little longer but still very easy. I have to work on that remaining reflector issue.
Correct - I guess I should have used another word instead of "time". I don't have the desire to change my front bulbs out... yet. ;)

·
Registered
584 Posts
For me, with the Hot Lava color, I think the amber complements it as an accent. If I had another color I probably would change them.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I think the amber complements it as an accent.
Oh, I definitely think so, too...and I will never change mine (after all, the Cygnet has amber bulbs). Still, it is always a personal choice and it is nice to have the parts information should the mood strike. Very helpful!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Got my chrome ones in the front. Left the yellow ones in the back. Mainly because I don't think they are as bright. But the front ones look a lot better.

Now I have a 3rd light flasher coming. A rear cargo area cover from England. And a dash cover, as soon as it is made.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks good. I'm working with Sean at ledmods.com on an LED version that will double as a turn signal and DRL. Should be ready in a week or two.

Did this come about? I saw some bulbs like this but not the size for the iQ (unless I missed it). I think I am going to spend more on tweaks than the actual car. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts