Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my sister has a scion XB and I have a friend with a TC and friends with Toyotas and they all beep to indicate the doors being locked on their car kinda like the old horn honk to indicate that all the doors are closed and locked and a double meant that one or more of the doors were open, my question is my iq doesn't do anything to let you know the doors are locked I have to check and what's the purpose of having keyless lock if I have to check does anyone else know if this is a feature that isn't on the iq or if maybe mine is defective and just doesn't work? Does anyone else's iq make a noise when locked???

·
Registered
42 Posts
I traded my xD for an iQ, and I noticed the iQ doesn't make the beep sound. I would prefer it did, but I guess I figured I could live without it. I agree with you that it is strange, though. I don't know why it wouldn't make the sound when all the other Scions do.

·
Registered
584 Posts
No. iQs don't get an audible sound with key remote. Just the flashing lights. I wish there was a wiring diagram out there. I would like to find out what circut does the light blink so I could tap into it to put a beeper on it.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
the dealer told me they could likely go int the computer and change it so it is audible upon locking,for an hour shop time,i told them to shove it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I am really waiting for our latest software updates on our scanners. Then I can see just what I can get into to change !

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
I like it with no beep. I turned off the beep in my xB.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts