Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Scion has just revealed the production model iQ at the New York Auto Show, which the company claims is the smallest four-seater in the world. At just 120-inches long it is roughly one-foot longer than the Smart fortwo. Saying it’s a 4-seater is a bit of a stretch, however, and Scion does qualify that it’s more of a 3+1, with the “1″ being a child.

Referred to by Scion as a “premium micro sub compact” the iQ is powered by a 1.3-liter 4-cylinder and gets a CVT transmission. No performance or fuel economy numbers are available, but Scion says to expect fuel economy in the high-30 mpg range.

Scion also wants to highlight the car’s safety features, with standard abs, vehicle stability control traction control and 10 airbags – including a world’s first rear window curtain airbag.

Qnd keeping with Scion’s youth-oriented approach with a six-speaker audio system, USB and auxiliary ports, as well as steering wheel mounted controls.

The iQ will go on sale as a 2011 model starting early next year.

More: New York 2010: Scion iQ Debuts as a Mini-er and Smart-er Alternative on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looks nice and clean for a smaller car. I seen a Top gear episode recently in which they have small competition with the smaller compacts. I cant believe the Scion IQ is a 4 seater!

I dont know who is going to be sitting in the back of one of these. I would be surprised If you could fit a school bag back there.

I really like it though... The IQ is a great alternative for the smartcar and probably have the price.

·
Administrator
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I cant imagine the costs would be that high... You arent getting much car, BUT it is awesome looking and probably has a good fit for the youth generation.

Especially if you do it up like the one in the banner. Its looks real nice with a body kit and rims. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Car looks great!!!! I don't know how I am going to wait till early next year for this car!!!!

I absolutely LOVE the rim choice also, good job SCION!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Take out 5 air bags and give me a manual transmission please.

It will be like a massive bouncy castle inside the interior if you get in a car accident :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Take out 5 air bags and give me a manual transmission please.

It will be like a massive bouncy castle inside the interior if you get in a car accident :D
d

Nice... I agree. This one is basically done for me with no stick. Too bad. I like the image of the bouncy castle though. Perhaps it might feel more like being inside a soccer ball at a world cup match?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts