Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to look at the Konig Forwards and it was just too orange.

So I went with these instead. Don't ask me why, I'm a girl. I just think it looks nice LOL
I think they're mr121 if I recall correctly. Now, what should I do with the stock ones?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Save the stock ones for snow tires when the blizzards come? :cool:

Put an add in an auto trader mag/web site and sell them I guess.

·
Registered
507 Posts
LOVE those wheels! Nice choice, indeed! Did you splurge and have the sensors placed on them as well? If so, and you don't mind me asking, how much did everything cost you, roughly?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Bohemian
but I'm in SoCal! What is this snow you speak off? ;)

@Maggiebite
I used the stock tires and the sensors where transferred. The install was $16USD per wheel. The TPMS light is not on an I made sure that they put it on right. The total cost was under $600 after the sales guy gave me the lug nuts for free and a $25 discount through a Yelp check-in deal. Shhh! Don't tell my hubby LOL
Some places charge cheaper for the install but I'd rather pay for the peace of mind. Also, I picked it up locally 'cause I'm just not patient enough to get these babies shipped.

·
Registered
507 Posts
@Bohemian
but I'm in SoCal! What is this snow you speak off? ;)

@Maggiebite
I used the stock tires and the sensors where transferred. The install was $16USD per wheel. The TPMS light is not on an I made sure that they put it on right. The total cost was under $600 after the sales guy gave me the lug nuts for free and a $25 discount through a Yelp check-in deal. Shhh! Don't tell my hubby LOL
Some places charge cheaper for the install but I'd rather pay for the peace of mind. Also, I picked it up locally 'cause I'm just not patient enough to get these babies shipped.
That's awesome! Well, you picked out a nice set of wheels - enjoy!! :)

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
You're from SoCal, so do something artistic and avaunt garde with them.

Use the old wheels for kitschy yard art. Weld them together to make a mailbox post or some pedistals for planters.

Or just plant them in your yard like they were on a car and call it a reverse dadaist take on th classic 'camero on cinderblocks' piece that appears in so many lawns further east.

·
Registered
985 Posts
That is a great choice for your Hot Lava. I'm still searching for dream wheels for my Blizzard Pearl. One of these days something will click.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Nice choice on the wheels. They look good on the iQ. Save your stock steelies, you never know if you'll need them down the road.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the compliments! :)

And thanks Spidious for the new avatar, changing it now.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice choice ��. I was curious about the orange stripe one.
Check out the Konig Forward thread that I posted. I believe they are pretty popular since some places already have them back ordered. I got the chance to see them and IMHO it would clash with the Hot Lava, but that's just me. Now if I had a Black iQ, I'd probably get those.

Ladies and their shoes...spectacular selection
Full story:

I was already at the shop, husband calls me on the phone.
Him: Where are you?
Me: Shopping for shoes

I get home and he asks why I don't have the shoes. I tell him it's getting installed tomorrow LOL

·
Registered
117 Posts
Those wheels look really good on the Hot Lava. I looked at them but did not think they went too well with my Deep Amethyst.

I think the only thing you should consider is finding some black caps for the lugs or maybe changing them out for black lugs. That would add to the sinister look!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those wheels look really good on the Hot Lava. I looked at them but did not think they went too well with my Deep Amethyst.

I think the only thing you should consider is finding some black caps for the lugs or maybe changing them out for black lugs. That would add to the sinister look!
I'm going to paint the center cap orange, I might do the lugs as well. We'll see...

·
Registered
37 Posts
good choice, even if i do say so myself, LOL, just to show that great minds think alike, check out the Konig Forward with orange lip on mine :cool:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
don't make me copy you LOL those were my original choice

1 - 20 of 22 Posts