Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just bought a hot lava IQ about a week and a half ago. It's been everything that I expected it to be for sure. No one else gets it, but that is their problem. :) If you see one cruising up and down I69 to Indy, that is probably me. I'm looking to try to find some wind deflectors for the doors, but I'm having a tough time with that. TRD supposedly makes one overseas, but I'm having trouble finding it. Other than that, the CVT could use some de-programming of the fake shifts as they are pretty much useless. Other than that, this thing is great in the great traffic jam of 116th in Indy. Worlds better than the 2006 Subie Impreza that I'm coming from. First measured tank of gas was 43.5 mpg, and its been getting better than 40 on every tank so far. 38 miles one way to Anderson, it handles the interestate great and in town as well. It really likes getting up behind semis. Not the best plan from a safety standpoint, but no headwind, and she is up in the 55mpg range real quick. Long term should see it getting cruise control, and it will be all set. /wave

Scott

·
Registered
156 Posts
Congradulations on your purchase of the "high MPG color" IQ :eek:
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Scott,
Welcome to the forum. I been looking for the wind deflectors also.

The wind deflectors are listed in this Toyota iQ Accessories catalog at

http://www.toyotaadria.com/si/pdf/katalog_dodatna/dod_oprema_iq.pdf

in the Special section

01 Wind deflectors
Flawlessly matched to
the iQ’s aerodynamic
contours.

Also on UK Ebay at
Genuine Toyota iQ Wind Deflectors | eBay

Following from
Window Wind Deflectors - Toyota Owners Club - Toyota Forum
"Im after some too. Looked
on ebay and there seem to be 3 choices:
  • Original Toyota
  • Heko
  • Farad"
Heko brand at
TOYOTA IQ 3D 2009-> Wind deflectors HEKO 2pcs | eBay

If you do a search on Ebay UK you will find a lot of choices.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I came up with some of those, but I wasn't real sure about buying from overseas or not. Thank you for the information.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have bought from Ebay in the Uk with no problem using PayPal. Shipping is kind of expensive and a lot of the vendors won't ship to the USA.
Maybe we can find a source in the USA? I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Congrats ! Another INDY IQ!!!!!... If you see a white one with a Scion banner on the front windshield,Motley Crue sticker on back window... and blue LED underglow Its ME.....I travel allot but live south of 67.......

·
Registered
196 Posts
Get the cruise control.........Best thing I have done for it! I could help you if needed......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts