Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out with the old (2006 Honda Civic Hybrid) and in with the new! I chose Pacific Blue over Hot Lava because I wanted to be a little different. I get the same MPG as my aging hybrid without the fear of replacing the expensive battery and I can still fit 4 people if needed. Things to come are TRD springs, TRD sway bar, 35% tint, Leather seat covers, Wheels and maybe a body kit. This color has made choosing the right wheel more of a challenge but I will find something I like soon. I live in Tuscaloosa but travel to Birmingham often and sometimes Huntsville. I look forward to meeting some of the local iQ drivers! So far I have seen one Hot Lava in Huntsville but none here. More pictures when I have time to do a proper photo shoot. Thanks for looking!

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Grille Tire Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive side-view mirror Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
230 Posts
Looks nice!

Blue is the one color I have not seen "in the flesh" yet. I love the color purple, and thought I wanted a Black Currant iQ, but the more I see it the less I like it. Right now I'm leaning toward the silver, but I do want to see that blue before I make any decisions.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Aloha Jeremy. Congratulations on your new iQ. That color was my second choice, I really like it.

As always just a little reward for posting pics in your welcome thread...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Silver and dark gray are getting the most attention right now. I do like the idea of white but have not found the right look yet. Some of the white rims seem too bright since this is a more subtle blue.

I would suggest silver or white for rim color. White and blue looks awesome.... think of the dodge viper

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had not seen it in the flesh either. I took a chance but I am happy with the color. Silver is a very nice color also but was ruled out since I have already owned a silver car and wanted something different. I'm sure you will be happy with either color!

Looks nice!

Blue is the one color I have not seen "in the flesh" yet. I love the color purple, and thought I wanted a Black Currant iQ, but the more I see it the less I like it. Right now I'm leaning toward the silver, but I do want to see that blue before I make any decisions.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had not seen it in the flesh either. I took a chance but I am happy with the color. Silver is a very nice color also but was ruled out since I have already owned a silver car and wanted something different. I'm sure you will be happy with either color!
My Yaris is silver/gray, so I'm thinking I'd like a different color this time. The thing is that my car has to live out on the street, and silver just doesn't show the dirt. That's one more strike against the black currant, too. I'm in no hurry to get a new car, so I'm sure I'll have an opportunity to see all the colors on the streets before I have to make a decision.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey man I've seen the same lava IQ in Huntsville that I bet you've seen there is also a guy that does car shows that lives in Huntsville he actually has his IQ painted up to look like a Raiders football helmet and even had a custom bumper guard made to simulate the look of the face guard on a football helmet I have a grey IQ I'm going to have a guy in Huntsville paint the wing and hood gun metal black and also the IQ and Scion symbols or ornaments gun metal black and I wanna go with gun metal black rims and black the windows out maybe a 5% figured black and grey would go nice. I think black rims would look nice on the blue too. I live next door to Huntsville maybe we can get together some time to compare and get ideas so far all I've done is hid upgrade in fogs which I put on myself cheaper to buy a fog kit and self install then pay them hids in low beams sound system that beats the windows off this little car some custom led work myself blue under dash lights and replaced all my exterior lights with LEDs.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Hey man I've seen the same lava IQ in Huntsville that I bet you've seen there is also a guy that does car shows that lives in Huntsville he actually has his IQ painted up to look like a Raiders football helmet and even had a custom bumper guard made to simulate the look of the face guard on a football helmet I have a grey IQ I'm going to have a guy in Huntsville paint the wing and hood gun metal black and also the IQ and Scion symbols or ornaments gun metal black and I wanna go with gun metal black rims and black the windows out maybe a 5% figured black and grey would go nice. I think black rims would look nice on the blue too. I live next door to Huntsville maybe we can get together some time to compare and get ideas so far all I've done is hid upgrade in fogs which I put on myself cheaper to buy a fog kit and self install then pay them hids in low beams sound system that beats the windows off this little car some custom led work myself blue under dash lights and replaced all my exterior lights with LEDs.
wow,sounds like my IQ,my hood is sattan black,i was going to do the rear spoiler,but the fella doing the painting thought it may take from the look of the wing,i seen his point,with the window tint there is allot of black back there so i took his advice,i am allso going to be painting my emblems black this weekend.there are pics of mine to give you an idea.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey IQFORYOU are you going to paint them emblems yourself if so are you painting them on the car or removing then painting? And if removing how? Heat gun worked on some of my older cars but I can't tell if these are on with an adhesive or screws?

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Hey IQFORYOU are you going to paint them emblems yourself if so are you painting them on the car or removing then painting? And if removing how? Heat gun worked on some of my older cars but I can't tell if these are on with an adhesive or screws?
the front is attached with rivets,or screws,not sure,i removed the IQ emblem for good,it was 2 way tape,the back emblem is 2 way tape,i will do it myself with plasticoat paint,i am a little worried about damaging the front emblem so i went ahead and priced one.98$.im waaay tom thrifty for that so i will be extra carefull,I THINK.SO I WILL BE REMOVING.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I had the same idea about making the car look like a helmet but sounds like this guy beat me to it. Post a pic if you get to see it again. I love the look of black wheels but i had them on my VW GTI so I wanted somthing different this time. I'm sure they will look great on your gray iQ! I also want to do HID/LED but I get kinda intimidated when it comes to car mods. Maybe you could help me with that sometime.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts