Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to wait till its done so i could show you all pics,BUT,i got CDO,kinda like OCD,but the letters are in the correct order,AS THEY SHOULD BE.:p i went into a specialty exhaust shop to order a 5 inch triangelish exhaust tip,if i was computer savvy i would post a pic,or link here,but as i said before im just a janitor.i myself will be ZIP whelling the center of the rear bottom bumper facia out to closely match the tip,and installind a sattan blach heat resistant rubber molding and the exhaust tip will protrude 1 inch out the center of the rear.im booked for next saturday,just waiting for the tip to come in so i can use it to precisely measure what i need to cut out,kinda got the idea from you spidious,thanx,I THINK.have a pleasant weekend to you all.
PEACE

Brent..;)

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it resemble the Toyota iQ optional exhaust finisher?
View attachment 690
thanks for trying friend,but no,not that rectangleish a bit nore rectangle,once im home from work and of my office computer here i just may be able to achieve it.ive seen very similar to what i orderd on some porches i believe.its 5 inches wide,so much wider than that.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for trying friend,but no,not that rectangleish a bit nore rectangle,once im home from work and of my office computer here i just may be able to achieve it.ive seen very similar to what i orderd on some porches i believe.its 5 inches wide,so much wider than that.
ooops not that triangleish i meant,more rectangle.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so while looking for an image of it at home i found one very close to the same,BUT,allso while searching i found the flat black one,SO,sometime tomorow i will be returning to Vics custom exhaust and see what is availabe to me in flat black,keeping up with the theme of my dear little buggy. tip.jpg tip2.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE,turns out the tip i had chosen was about 2 inches to long,so instead of waitng ANYMORE i decided to go with this basic tip and i will spend time finding THE PERFECT TIP,"thats what she said" and when i do it will be no problen to change it out,i was so excited to show you all that i havent yet cut out and mounted the bottom fascia,which i will do imediately after this,allso,the shop that did it,,VICS CUSTOM EXHAUST,was fantastic,he had quoted me a couple weeks ago at about 150 plus tip cost.me being a rather thrifty fella and now knowing the IQ is going into a carshow next week,i asked him if he would give me a great deal if i where his sticker for the show,i allso told him im new to this and cant guarantee it wouls see anymore shows,BUT i promised him THAT WHEN the exhaust is mentioned i will show them the sticker and put in a great word and he was great with that,he didnt have any stickers left though.LOL.so he did it for 50$ and a good verbal to do about his shop.DONE. pipe.jpg exhaust.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
update,little trimming yet to get it perfect and add a flat black trim to cover cut edge. EX.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
They did a nice job on that.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE,got to anxious with my cutting of the back bottom fascia,not much measuring went on,DAMN OCD,i wanted it WAY closer to the tip and not so large,im hoping i can get some beefier molding than i have to try and fill in the gap,IF NOT,i will be ordering a new one,im guessing 140$ or so,there goes my thrifty tip install.

·
Registered
540 Posts
You could just go totally custom and but some perforated metal and cut it to fit. Just paint it black. I have left mine off, I think it actually looks meaner with it off...

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You could just go totally custom and but some perforated metal and cut it to fit. Just paint it black. I have left mine off, I think it actually looks meaner with it off...
im not quite sure what you mean spidious,AND I REALLY WANT TO,you dont mean in the exhaust hole do you,like a baffle look????:confused: but i wouldnt think so,un less you missunderstood me,which is common:rolleyes:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Take the perforated metal and cut it the same shape as the original lower piece. Then cut a area out of it to fit your exhaust outlet. You could even make it go lower to have your tail pie come out in the center of it.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
okay,this is what i came up with,i was able to straighten the cut,SOMEWHAT,put this trim on,i do want a matte black trim though.heading to toyota now to see what they would rape me for a NEW back bottom fascti piece,IF under 150,doubtfull,i will order one and cut that one with more precice measurements,first i will DOUBLE up on my anxiety meds.PEACE.
Brent:D trim.jpg trim.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
small grey trim piece on the bottom75$ plus tax,larger piece 188$ plus tax,total,aprox.300$.option 2 larger tip,then do a second cutting to fit,tip 60$, labour 30$.i will opt. for option 2,"now to find the perfect tip",thats what she said,i seen a couple beuaties at lordco today while buying the trim,that i dont like,lol.I'll get it yet.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey all, wesgl asked me a question about cabin noise from the exhaust in its new location.i believe he was hoping it diminished, when in fact the exhaust is now way more audible in the car.the stock positioning had the ehaust pointing down at the road pretty much drowned out by the tire road noise.it is now quite loud in the cabin from the noise entering through the hatched, i was concerned i may start to smell exhaust, which i have [email protected] aroundd 2200 rpm there is a serious drone.but my music is allways so loud that i hear nothing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did this today... I had the tip lying around from another project. I may change out the tip to a different style, I liked the size and the center position.

IMG_0016.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did this today... I had the tip lying around from another project. I may change out the tip to a different style, I liked the size and the center position.

thats great.love the look of this location for the exhaust,have you noticed the difference in cabin NOISE?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts