Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I saw some other threads on similar issues, but mine seems distinct in that it doesn't go away when the engine has warmed up.

My 2015 iQ's engine makes a ticking noise that is RPM-dependent:

It makes this noise regardless of engine temperature. It seems to be coming from the right side of the engine, but I'm no mechanic.

Anyone who's had this issue: have you been able to fix it? Or is it safe to leave as-is? I bought the car used (it didn't make the sound then) and it has around 65,000km on it.

Bonus question: A whirring noise not unlike an electric drill comes from the right-rear side of the car above around 3,500 rpm. Any ideas what this could be?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Does changing oil help at all?

The noise in the back - may be your fuel pump? Though it's more in the middle. Transmission with an old oil sounds like a drill as well.

·
Registered
223 Posts
sounds normal.... probably ok if the car run well. check oil level or perhaps replace it with quality full syn oil as suggested in the previous post.

the IQ engine is kinda noisy and it is probably fine with only 65km unless it's been neglected.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
854 Posts
I hear two sounds. One is the normal iQ sound the other deeper sound sounds like a truck. How many km since the last oil change? All fluid levels are they okay? What weight oil was used?

Besides the chicken in the background this sounds similar:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts