Scion IQ Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my name is Steve, new to the IQ Forums here. Love this little car, but we don't yet have one. We will be signing up as a vendor on the boards here soon to advertise our new IQ rear seat delete kits. But we don't have them designed yet, ( so I'm not trying to sell anything here today moderators/admins. We already advertise with VerticalScope on other forums). Just wanted to see if there was any good interest in deleting the rear seats to make more cargo room, and dropping some weight in the process to improve acceleration. We also do these for the new Fiat 500, the Mini Cooper, Mustang, GTO, Camaro, etc. The Fiat recently lost 47 lbs in the product we just designed for them.

We just need an IQ owner to drop off their car with us for a few days at our Gastonia, NC shop to build up the first template (first kit is free to the IQ owner) so we can get started.

My email is [email protected] if you have a donor car you'd like to participate with.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I volunteered my ride to www.RearSeatDelete.com with confidence they will design and fabricate a rear seat delete kit that may be a nice upgrade option for fellow members. After a few conversations with Steve Shrader I am exited to see him work his magic as he has with other cars including the Fiat 500. I have no plans to ever use my rear seats and had plannned to fabricate somthing with MDF, however his ABS designs look far superior in style and weight savings than what I could do myself.
I will be bringing my car to them the first week in July and look forward to posting the results of their efforts.

·
Registered
353 Posts
stylin99,
How about a center console with lots of storage and a arm rest for the iQ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Funny you asked. I just sent Steve some photos of our rear seat area and an email requesting the same thing. Hopefully he has the skills to make us something worth considering for this need. Depending on the specific design, an option to integrate some interior lighting might be interesting as well as an optional box with removable dividers to keep groceries and other items from rolling around. I would believe (as I suggested to him) that if the design removed the rear storage compartment that there would need to be access to the area underneath for the manual, compressor, plugging kit, and tow eye bolt.
Keep the suggestions coming! I will let him keep the car as long as needed (within reason) with hopes that he can design some new accessories for the IQ community.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Funny you asked. I just sent Steve some photos of our rear seat area and an email requesting the same thing. Hopefully he has the skills to make us something worth considering for this need. Depending on the specific design, an option to integrate some interior lighting might be interesting as well as an optional box with removable dividers to keep groceries and other items from rolling around. I would believe (as I suggested to him) that if the design removed the rear storage compartment that there would need to be access to the area underneath for the manual, compressor, plugging kit, and tow eye bolt.
Keep the suggestions coming! I will let him keep the car as long as needed (within reason) with hopes that he can design some new accessories for the IQ community.
rocku_rock_uk.jpg

·
Registered
353 Posts
Not me...I need my rear seat. Otherwise I'd have just gotten a 2-seater.
I too need the rear seat for occasional use.

I gotta have a arm rest center console similar to the one from Bulgaria that others here have tried to make fit.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I too need the rear seat for occasional use.

I gotta have a arm rest center console similar to the one from Bulgaria that others here have tried to make fit.
Yeah, I just need the armrest

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Since there has been a vehicle accepted for R&D this thread will be closed. All vendors must register as such.

That being said, we look forward to seeing the results posted in the vendor section.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.