Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought there was a thread already about the custom armrest/center console that can be assembled from two containers from Target? Maybe I dreamed it all up! Regardless, I ventured into a Target and found exactly what I was looking for. I brought the Velcro top container and basket home and gorilla glued them together so they wouldn't slide around. Here is the finished product. Pics will follow soon of it in the car. There is a good bit of storage in this set up, not to mention adding a armrest.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Fantastik punisher,im in canada so no target here ,my better half goes over often so she may suprise me,ithink I may go check wallmart to c what they have,is it flimsy at all,amd you being RATHER LARGE,will it hold up your arm without collapsing,thanks for th pics,looks great.peace.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes sir. We slid it in last night for the ride home and it was sturdy enough to hold my arm and my wife's with bending, bowing, or collapsing. It is actually seems very sturdy to be what it is. Only time will tell though.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
And you're a Mason? Cool.

·
Registered
160 Posts
So, you turned the original open storage box upside down, and glued the lidded box to it. Is that correct? Clever solution. I've never used an armrest in a car, so likely won't go that route, though I do use the armrest in my work ride.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Went to Target Saturday and picked up the Itso covered storage box, and it DOES fit perfectly.
I don't want the extra height, so the box alone jammed in between the seats is a perfect match.
Alone it is the same height as the back seats folded down, which is perfect for our little dog.
She can now sit between us like in the Ford Fusion we traded in...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Micky, thats awesome! With me being 6'3 I had to put the extra height under it. But I agree it looked better without it.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
it really is a wonderfull,THRIFTY, fix.didnt find much at wallymart so my better half will look for me next time she is stateside.

·
Registered
353 Posts
My latest version of the Target arm rest/storage.I reinforced the boxes with some internal slats and added a Wormy Chestnut top. Wood Floor Flooring Hardwood Gas Automotive design Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior Vehicle door Automotive design Motor vehicle Car seat cover Head restraint Car seat

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Nice work on the custom top.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wow, that wood top looks great, Barnone!

I got my Target box in from Amazon yesterday and it does fit great but is still a little too low so I put a thick book underneath it to raise it up a few inches...almost perfect! (Perfect would have a cup holder!)

·
Registered
142 Posts
maybe put some padding instead of raising the height alone? im thinking of doing similar and padding the top to make it an armrest.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow, that wood top looks great, Barnone!

I got my Target box in from Amazon yesterday and it does fit great but is still a little too low so I put a thick book underneath it to raise it up a few inches...almost perfect! (Perfect would have a cup holder!)
Could you please share the amazon link? I went to target today and didn't see the bin.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts