Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sure hope this car will be mod friendly as I would like to do some stuff.

Should I expect it to be mod friendly and have some good after market parts?

·
Registered
30 Posts
All cars are fairly mod friendly as long as the after market parts are available.

I will say yes to there being a good after market following.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am hoping we will see some after market intakes (even a K&N filter) and some bolt on exhaust / muffler systems but I wouldn't be surprised if it was limited.

I really hope a coilover package is developed for it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
^^^ I agree as well. Provided that aftermarket part manufacturers see the demand, they will build parts. Once the car is available, you'll see the number of aftermarket parts increase.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Toyota made the Scion brand specifically aimed at the younger crowd and made sure they're all mod friendly. in fact most of their scion ads are aimed at modding the scions. plus TRD will have a lot of options for the iQ.

·
Administrator
912 Posts
Toyota made the Scion brand specifically aimed at the younger crowd and made sure they're all mod friendly. in fact most of their scion ads are aimed at modding the scions. plus TRD will have a lot of options for the iQ.
Well, this looks like it is pretty promising for aftermarket or TRD parts, it zips around quite nicely. Reminds me of a VW Polo or something:

Nadeem

·
Registered
48 Posts
The only reason I think it has become very mod friendly is because of the first release of the car in the European market. If its first release came in the North American market I think the car would crash and burn and would get discontinued.

·
Registered
83 Posts
that iQ in the vid is actually pretty quick for its size. any idea if theres any mods done to it or is it just a stock iQ with a vvti engine?

·
Registered
83 Posts
same thing with me. only TRD components. i actually got a scion flyer from a friend that works for toyota. they have nice part for the current lineup of scions. they even have some really nice rims too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts