Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ready to buy a black one tomorrow. But I am really disappointed that Scion doesn't have cruise on it ! The car is really loaded but no cruise ! I hope somebody has a aftermarket one real soon. I want to be able to drive it up to Chicago and utilize it for parking up there ..

I wish they had a blue one. I have seen videos of it and it looks pretty sharp !

·
Registered
584 Posts
I think in my 30+ years of driving, I had 2 cars out of more than 15 with cruise control. Nice luxury, but never realy needed it. Did many coast to coast trips also.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I've had several cars with cruise control but I think I have used it a sum total of 2 minutes in over 20 years. One wonders how useful cruise control might really be in a "city car"....then again I think we all recognize the need to hit the highway on occasion.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I will be picking my black one up tomorrow night. The cruise control is no biggy for me either. But I just thought considering all of the other stuff. They could of threw a little more software in the computer and a control stalk. Would of been a very simple addition !

·
Registered
304 Posts
It is kind of a big deal for me, but not a deal-breaker.
I have always had and used cruise in my previous cars, it makes for a better-rested and more aware driver. Less fatigue means less chance of anything happening.

I will install one as soon as some aftermarket alternative is available...

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
There are several companies out there currently developing the cruise control for the iQ. Be patient, it shouldn't be too much longer.

·
Registered
536 Posts
in Belgium you can buy it with your IQ, in France you can find it on aftermarket... so like say Surfcitylocal : be patient

·
Registered
117 Posts
I never plan on taking this car on a long trip so cruise control was not a deal breaker for me. The only corner cutting they did that I am not that happy with is the rear drum brakes. The car is sold elsewhere with disc brakes on the rear. I hope this will be an easy change once parts become more available.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts