Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to you all!!
a couple months ago when i took the IQ into the bodyshop one of the painters and i noticed that my side mirrors seemed to be not only a slightly lighter tone of paint than the rest of the car which is the darker charcoal grey,not only that but there allso seems to be a,for lack of a better word,marbling swirling kinda pattern,it allmost looks like a very cool effect that is meant to be there but am sure its not.today upon BATHING my beloved,i noticed the mirrors seem to have even gotten lighter which aint looking right.of course i WILL be taking the iq in,,in like 5 minutes but was wondering if anyone else has a grey iq and can see this.heres a pic,i hope it can show the issue.:confused:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Solved.

Hello to you all!!
a couple months ago when i took the IQ into the bodyshop one of the painters and i noticed that my side mirrors seemed to be not only a slightly lighter tone of paint than the rest of the car which is the darker charcoal grey,not only that but there allso seems to be a,for lack of a better word,marbling swirling kinda pattern,it allmost looks like a very cool effect that is meant to be there but am sure its not.today upon BATHING my beloved,i noticed the mirrors seem to have even gotten lighter which aint looking right.of course i WILL be taking the iq in,,in like 5 minutes but was wondering if anyone else has a grey iq and can see this.heres a pic,i hope it can show the issue.:confused:
I like this forum so much I just ask questions so I can provide myself with an answer,lol.Hey all,went to the dealer to enquire bout the paint I looked at there blue ,and silver iq and low and behold,the mirrors are all light silver,WEIRD?im going satan black with them once I get a good idea as to how this may look???

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the same color mirrors on a blue car, so I think the mirrors only come in one color, which happens to be close to your body color.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
exactly,funny,cuz in the first brochure 2011,that they provided me with from the dealer,stated that the iq will come with optional cruise controll and it allso states that it comes with body paint side mirrors.a fella ordered a hotlava which arrived the day mine did as well and he did not purchase once he seen it WAS NOT cruise equiped.i am still the only one around these parts,that i have seen for sure.im really not sure how it would look with mirrors done,may play off the hood a bit much,again a photoshop lesson would be great.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
exactly,funny,cuz in the first brochure 2011,that they provided me with from the dealer,stated that the iq will come with optional cruise controll and it allso states that it comes with body paint side mirrors.a fella ordered a hotlava which arrived the day mine did as well and he did not purchase once he seen it WAS NOT cruise equiped.i am still the only one around these parts,that i have seen for sure.im really not sure how it would look with mirrors done,may play off the hood a bit much,again a photoshop lesson would be great.
would i be correct to assume,"taz" that the blizzard pearl would be the same colour mirrors as bodypaint,,just because??

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
LOL. Mine are color matched because I went and had them painted. You can see them here on the table towards the rear...

Before painting...

After painting...

I think it looks much better color matches. IMO

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL. Mine are color matched because I went and had them painted. You can see them here on the table towards the rear...

Before painting...

After painting...

I think it looks much better color matches. IMO
WELL slap my thigh and call me EUNICE,lookee there,wow,the reason i thought maybe the blizzard pearl was colourmatched was because isnt it a tad more$ for the white,if so do you know why,any way YES, what do you think of this mirror colour deal? really seems odd to me,but then again,that would be normall.they look WAY better white as well,you are kinda like a breathing scion IQ help line,thanks for your efforts....I take cash only for kind comments...

·
Registered
119 Posts
My iq is hot lava & the mirrors were metallic gray ( that's the only color they come with ) , I had mine painted hot lava to match the rest of the car. I bet you also have a strange red color under your radio head unit.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I went to Hobby Lobby and got model paint and sprayed mine in a pearl white.If i would of had the pearl clear coat you would think it was the factory paint but right now you caint tell its not. They carry about all the colors that scion has even the release colors.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
This mod certainly makes the car look great! Had mine done by Richmond Auto Body and they certainly did a superb job...OEM finish! Thank you Randy!

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
Agreed a must, they charge enough for these cars. They really dropped the ball when it came to color matching the mirrors. Our iqs got shorted all the good stuff Europe and Asia got. They got 3 engine options, stick shift, and rear disk brakes. Welcome to America the land of getting screwed! Amazing that their 1.4 turbo diesel version can get almost 70mpg it's no wonder our government doesn't want us to have something that would cut in to them profiting from fuel taxs. All I can say is wow!! For goodness sakes they should have at least color matched our mirrors. It takes the car from looking cheap to looking a little more classy :)

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Had mine wrapped along with the rest of the car.

Can't stand that stupid 'doesn;t match any other goddamned part of the car' silver mirror paint

1 - 15 of 15 Posts