Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY folks,did some pretty minor mods today,my license plate surrounds were a BLINGY chrome that i didnt really like but that was all that i had on hand,besides the fancy dealer plates of course,i went ahead and painted them satan black,I LIKE THIS,im terribly pleased with the result,i know at least 2 of us love to see pics of EVERYTHING so here ya go SCL,lol.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Nice addition wit the blacked out plate bracket. Have you seen any videos on using Plastic Dip? You may want to continue the theme of non chrome by using it on your emblems...I'm just sayin'.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice addition wit the blacked out plate bracket. Have you seen any videos on using Plastic Dip? You may want to continue the theme of non chrome by using it on your emblems...I'm just sayin'.
and im just listening,when i was painting the surrounds,my buddy actually said it would be cool to see the emblems sattan,im in,i am guessing its probably a fairly TRHRIFTY mod,which is my style cuz,IM THRIFTY.any ide where i might start looking into this,i am going to go ahead and remove the IQ badge from the rear,but yes the 2 scion emblems are needing to go to 'THE DARK SIDE'

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as opose to using a flat black paint which i use for the plate surround?are you familliar SCL how the front and back scion emblems are removed??
or do i just CAREFULLY tape them off and paint with the sattan i used for the plate surrounds,which will be the paint i am using for the sharkfin antenna?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I painted my emblems black on a honda I had. I scuffed them good, degreased them, and shot them with some tough spary paint. The still rock chipped all to heck. Not a fan of painting chromed emblems. I have never gave the plasti dip a shot though. I would be afraid it would "fatten" up the emblem and lose detail. Have to try it some time.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I painted my emblems black on a honda I had. I scuffed them good, degreased them, and shot them with some tough spary paint. The still rock chipped all to heck. Not a fan of painting chromed emblems. I have never gave the plasti dip a shot though. I would be afraid it would "fatten" up the emblem and lose detail. Have to try it some time.
kinda what im thinkin with the fattening up part.i did see a camry with them blackened,it didnt look to be a very nice job,i guess im really not sure.:confused:

·
Registered
584 Posts
You can find the rear ones 4.75"x3.25" (120mmx80mm) but the front one 6.25"x4.25" (160mmx110mm) that sits into the recess I have not seen on ebay yet

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can find the rear ones 4.75"x3.25" (120mmx80mm) but the front one 6.25"x4.25" (160mmx110mm) that sits into the recess I have not seen on ebay yet
then i will start with the back and remove the IQ emblem,thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts