Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hmmm... looks like just standard navigation screen. Wonder if that will even be standard or an upgrade....

And that interior cloth looks terrible, who designed that pattern!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree that the interior seat material doesn't seem to go along with the rest of the car. If this does not change by release I may need to invest in seat covers, which is sad to think to do to a brand new car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
All Scion models are mono-spec, single trim levels. The only option (outside of the accessories that you can add a la carte) is the transmission choice, and even that isn't an option for the '11 iQ.

·
Registered
17 Posts
HA! Right. Concept models are rarely as cool as the production versions.

The production model showed the same standard double-din found in every Scion. I'm expecting you can add the SNS, which is $1900, or add an aftermarket double-din navi unit.

·
Registered
30 Posts

The production model showed the same standard double-din found in every Scion. I'm expecting you can add the SNS, which is $1900, or add an aftermarket double-din navi unit.
Probably just to go after market DVD screen in that case

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Hmmm not sure if I could justify $2000 for the screen on a $17,000 car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hmmm not sure if I could justify $2000 for the screen on a $17,000 car.
Agreed. If it comes standard with the car, I will enjoy it (I'm not one for GPS though), but if it doesn't, I'll drive fine without it.

Good thing with Scion having a double-din is that you can get a full screen unit instead of a flip-up screen... and I'm sure you can find one for less than $2000.

·
Administrator
912 Posts
Agreed. If it comes standard with the car, I will enjoy it (I'm not one for GPS though), but if it doesn't, I'll drive fine without it.

Good thing with Scion having a double-din is that you can get a full screen unit instead of a flip-up screen... and I'm sure you can find one for less than $2000.
Double din is good and bad. Double din head units cost more from what I have seen.

Nadeem

·
Registered
17 Posts
Double-Din head units do cost more, but they don't break as often because there are less moving parts. However, I do like the pocket that the installation of a single-din in a double-din hole allows you to have. It's a nice place for a wallet :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Budget cuts! It was either cut out the DVD screen from iQ's or someone lost their job at Scion - guess what won!! :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not surprised, not practical in a car like this. Isn't there also laws against a driver being able to see a big DVD screen like that while driving?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts