Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very tempted to lower the IQ but I am concerned that doing so will somehow negatively affect my mpgs. I live in L.A. And use the IQ for work (I work in the field). I'm planning on going with TRD or Eibach for the springs. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
hey there ai17828,im not that well versed on the lowering of this car,but being someone who likes to think i know it all,LOL, i would not think it would affect mpg,BUT that said me being a physics buff,i would think if anything i t would improve mpg,BUT by such a small imeasurable amount you would never notice.I allso was going to go with the trd lowering springs,i ordered them with my rear sway bar and when i went to have it all installed i decided to just go with the sway bar.im a pretty thrifty fella ans i decided the 900$ price tag to lower the iq just under a couple centimeters was not worth it to me.the sway bar has made a marked improvement and would strongly recomend this mod.BUT that said,if someone was going to GIFT me the trd springs and lowering of the iq,i would be all over it.hope this helps a wee bit,peace.

·
Registered
536 Posts
if you lowering your IQ, you win aerodynamic, stability and more Mpg (so little), you loose a little bit comfort.... it's a choice

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
If you are interested in springs check out Tanabe-USA. I ran the NF210 for a month and was very happy with the drop and the ride. You'll drop almost two inches and not suffer a bone jarring ride. If you contact them talk to James or Danh. Tell them TAZ sent you.http://www.tanabeusa.com

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
thanks taz,sounds better than a 2cm drop,will the ship to the great white north,allso a ball park figure price wise.any warranty issues you think.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I've decided not to lower mainly because of the humps and bumps I encounter at intersections around here....I have scraped the front facia a few times because of these. For performance, yes it's good, but as an urban assault vehicle not so much.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you lowering your IQ, you win aerodynamic, stability and more Mpg (so little), you loose a little bit comfort.... it's a choice
Elaborate on the loss of comfort. What exactly changes in the ride? I don't want to be driving around bobbing up and down. As it sits now it already bounces a little bit because of the short wheel base. If all that changes is the feel of hitting the bumps is a little harder then that's not an issue for me. I lowered my 2010 xb and the difference I felt was feeling the railroad tracks, road bumps, etc. a bit harder but no bobbing up and down.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I've decided not to lower mainly because of the humps and bumps I encounter at intersections around here....I have scraped the front facia a few times because of these. For performance, yes it's good, but as an urban assault vehicle not so much.
Humps and bumps at intersections? Not sure what those are. Do you mean speed bumps or maybe dips or maybe wear and tear from heavy truck use?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I almost purchased the TRD springs today. I was literally a click away from clicking the "pay now" or "send money" on PayPal when I changed my mind. I'm afraid the IQ is going to bob too much if the road is uneven. I'm hoping to find someone local that's lowered their IQ so I can test drive. Any volunteers? I really want want to lower the IQ...

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
those are a pretty darn expensive modification for lowering it a couple centimeters,afterb some consideration i declined,i am looking into another option that will lowere it two inches,it was mentioned on another thread her by a fellow who is VERY well versed in mods of this car and actually had the pleasure of using them for a month.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
those are a pretty darn expensive modification for lowering it a couple centimeters,afterb some consideration i declined,i am looking into another option that will lowere it two inches,it was mentioned on another thread her by a fellow who is VERY well versed in mods of this car and actually had the pleasure of using them for a month.
TRD springs only cost $209 and I will be installing myself. Not that expensive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts