Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the iQ and how it may look when it debuts, I wonder if it would be worthwhile to lower the vehicle at all. Would the benefits from lowering the car outweigh the other negative factors that may arise with lowering a small car?

·
Registered
22 Posts
IMO, don't think lowering it would give you much of an advantage. Car doesn't look that high stock as it is either.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You will see more wear and tear on some components. It depends what options are available to lower the Scion, if any after market. A good set of coilovers and a camber kit and you should have no real worries.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also, you should consider that when you lower your car, most insurance companies these days will require you to release that info to them prior to signing up. It MAY effect the cost of your insurance.

·
Registered
65 Posts
larger rims will just look better and will not have all the problems you get with how you have to mauver when the car is lowered. especially for city driving and just plain old parking problems.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would not lower that car. Its already fairly low for its a car thats not a sports car. However if you do lower it at least do it properly so that you can avoid having problems with day to day driving.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
I like the look of it lowered. I'm installing the Airrunner kit on mine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lowering

TRD springs will drop 20mm, and there will be no warranity issues with them

17' wheels Momo Mfg , satin black with Michelin PS2's

GB

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Correct me if im wrong but isn't airrunner an air ride kit?
It is indeed. This iQ is going to be a S.E.M.A. car. The Airruner kit will be installed in the next few weeks. I've had air suspension on quite a few of my cars / trucks.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Hay Taz do you know if Tanabe is ready to sell the springs yet?
Yes, the NF210's are the ones you want for the iQ. The DF210's are too much of a drop and will bottom out the stock shocks.

You can find them listed here The part number is TNF163. Cost is $290.00

1 - 17 of 17 Posts