Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Interesting! Please let us know what the dealer says. My personal theory is that the blinking last bar is acting much like the reserve tank on a motorcycle( my Honda 600rr did almost exactly the same thing, and had a similar bar style indicator) so when the bar starts blinking you know you have another good so many miles, that so many being the million dollar question. I don't think it even has another light that will come on if the fuel gets any lower, and if it does I'm not brave enough to find out lol. As soon as I see it start to blink, I pull in a gas station on average I'm filling up about what you said 6.5 gallons give or take. If our tank is 8.5 gallons then that leaves us 2 gallons if we only got 30mpg then that's 60 miles to go, one hell of an early warning if you ask me!!

· Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Hmmmm.....maybe we don't have a yellow warning indicator (which is a gas pump) like in my other Toyotas.

I just did turned the key on to light up all the lights (when it runs through it's start-up checks) and didn't see one.

I thought I had solved the mystery BUT then sat in my wife's Corolla and did the same (and I KNOW where her yellow warning light is) but it's not one of the ones that comes on when it runs through the start-up check.

So my question to Toyota (Scion) is if something isn't broke, why did you have to go change it? (My other Toyota's not only flash the light but they have audible beeps when they come on.)
I agree for sure, the system is more like that of a motorcycle than a car. I don't think we have any such light, and I'm not willing to risk running out of gas to find out. I think a beeping sound like you referred to would be a great idea, it would be easy to not even notice it was flashing and then we would be in trouble, maybe this is why it starts flashing with so much fuel still left in the tank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts